99% PCAT scorers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajan324

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that got 99 percentile composite on your PCAT, what was your scaled composite score and test date? Also, what were your individual scores (percentiles and scaled scores)? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Composite - 99
Chemistry - 99
Biology - 99
Quantative Ability - 95
Verbal - 94
Reading Comprehension - 99

(Sorry, too lazy to look up scaled scores)
Taken Jan 2003, there was no writing section at that time

If you're worried about getting a 99%ile, don't be. I'm really not sure if a 99% is looked upon with that much greater than anything high 80's to 90+% by the selection committee. Also, some of my friends have bombed a section and still recieved a 99%(or close to it), so my scores are a bit misleading in the sense that you really don't need to ace every section to score high on your composite. But the main point that I want to make to you is that you should ensure that you are well rounded (ie: activities, gpa, etc), rather than obsess over getting a 99%ile on the PCAT, because once you're in, it really doesn't mean much of anything. It is far more important, both for your odds of acceptance and personal growth/development, that you focus on every area of the application equally. (ie: a 99% really won't get you that much further than say a 90%, especially if you had to sacrifice gpa, etc to accomplish it.)

hope this help

J

Thanks. But I took the PCATs in January 2006 and got 99th percentile. I was just wondering how I did compared to others in that percentile since I did pretty bad in reading comp (64 - still cant figure out how that happened).

My GPA is 3.8 and I'm in AMSA (pre med club), NCSC (national scholar or something), and in Honors college (deans list every semester). What do you think my chances are (especially in 0+6 schools like Rutgers and Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, since those are the closest to where I live)?

rajan324 said:
Thanks. But I took the PCATs in January 2006 and got 99th percentile. I was just wondering how I did compared to others in that percentile since I did pretty bad in reading comp (64 - still cant figure out how that happened).

My GPA is 3.8 and I'm in AMSA (pre med club), NCSC (national scholar or something), and in Honors college (deans list every semester). What do you think my chances are (especially in 0+6 schools like Rutgers and Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, since those are the closest to where I live)?

I'd say you have a 99% chance of getting into Rutgers and PCP...

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my scores and apparently scored in the 99th percentile, I'm not sure how but my scores are pretty solid across the board. (Jan 2006).

Verbal - 427:87
Biology - 433:90
Reading - 462:99
Quantitative - 452:97
Chemistry - 460:98

Composite - 447:99

Writing - 4

All4MyDaughter said:
This is from the June 2005 test:

Verbal 479/99
Bio 498/99
Reading 432/90
Quant 426/87
Chem 444/95
Composite 456/99

All4MyDaughter- this is completely off topic, but who are the crazy 80's people in your avatar?! They are hilarious! I always wonder if 30 years from now I'll look back at myself and think, "Ohhhh dear Lord girl, WHAT were you thinking!!??":laugh:

calrx said:
All4MyDaughter- this is completely off topic, but who are the crazy 80's people in your avatar?! They are hilarious! I always wonder if 30 years from now I'll look back at myself and think, "Ohhhh dear Lord girl, WHAT were you thinking!!??":laugh:

I don't know who they are. Someone sent me the picture and I loved it. My hair looked like that sometime back in 1986-1988 or so. I also wore lots of ripped jeans, concert tee-shirt and read Metal Edge magazine. And yeah, I laugh when I look at pictures of myself from back then...

All4MyDaughter said:
I don't know who they are. Someone sent me the picture and I loved it. My hair looked like that sometime back in 1986-1988 or so. I also wore lots of ripped jeans, concert tee-shirt and read Metal Edge magazine. And yeah, I laugh when I look at pictures of myself from back then...

:laugh: It's even funnier knowing that you don't have a clue who the people are...

All4MyDaughter said:

Did you watch Head Bangers Ball on MTV by any chance?

All4MyDaughter said:
Yes. I was soooooooooooooooooo cool.
I used to steal my mother's cigarettes, too. But I didn't inhale.

I was such a rebel!

Yeah! I had the Motley Crue tee-shirt, ripped jeans (with black sharpee writing on them ) and those funny black suede calf high boots that I wore WITH MY JEANS TUCKED INTO THEM! Ahh the late eighties/ early nineties! :)

From June 2005

verbal 496 99%
biology 498 99%
reading 440 95%
quant 419 81%
chem 429 87%
composite 456 99%

Writing - 4

Smilescali said:
Yeah! I had the Motley Crue tee-shirt, ripped jeans (with black sharpee writing on them ) and those funny black suede calf high boots that I wore WITH MY JEANS TUCKED INTO THEM! Ahh the late eighties/ early nineties! :)

Oh, you guys are really bringing back memories now! :laugh:

JustTiff said:
Oh, you guys are really bringing back memories now! :laugh:

Ah, when MTV actually had more music and less drama junk.

Yea too bad they aren't all good memories. Shyeash! ;) I had the tragic genetic misfortune of having curly hair at any length, so I couldn't grow my hair out and bald isn't a good look on me. I was so upset that I couldn't grow my hair out. :mad: :mad:

The upside is that you'll never see pictures of me in a tux with a mullet like most of my friends. :laugh:

KUMoose said:

Yea too bad they aren't all good memories. Shyeash! ;) I had the tragic genetic misfortune of having curly hair at any length, so I couldn't grow my hair out and bald isn't a good look on me. I was so upset that I couldn't grow my hair out. :mad: :mad:

The upside is that you'll never see pictures of me in a tux with a mullet like most of my friends. :laugh:

I loved MTV back then. It actually had music. My b-friend and I would hang out in our basement, turn on MTV, turn off the lights and..... NEVER MIND, moving on.. ;)

KUMoose said:

LOL, they funny thing is when you still see people running around with a mullet today, and they think they are so cool.

I also have curly hair and back then it was HUGE. My grandma still has a picture of me then on her coffee table in her living room and I still remember the first time my husband seen it. I had never seen him laugh so hard. We gotta love family for hanging onto all of those old pictures.

Does MTV even play music videos anymore?? lol

All4MyDaughter said:
I loved MTV back then. It actually had music. My b-friend and I would hang out in our basement, turn on MTV, turn off the lights and..... NEVER MIND, moving on.. ;)

I remember being 7 and watching herbie handcock with his mannequins on MTV, and I would brake dance on my mothers shaggy carpet.

Wait I even had the white glove and tried to do the moon walk. LOL

Man oh man

MAXHARDC said:
I remember being 7 and watching herbie handcock with his mannequins on MTV, and I would brake dance on my mothers shaggy carpet.

Wait I even had the white glove and tried to do the moon walk. LOL

Man oh man

But did you have the red jacket with all the zippers?
Parachute pants?

Back in those days, Michael Jackson was kind of attractive. Not a freak like he is now.

rajan324 said:

I took Oct 2006, 98%, everything was high 90s except for biology, which was 77% ( I was 1 month into my first semester of Bio, give me a break) You sound good to me, I got into a lower tier (I guess) Pharm school with a 98% and a 3.9 with NO experience, and NO clubs or organizations.

thewahlrus said:
I took Oct 2006, 98%, everything was high 90s except for biology, which was 77% ( I was 1 month into my first semester of Bio, give me a break) You sound good to me, I got into a lower tier (I guess) Pharm school with a 98% and a 3.9 with NO experience, and NO clubs or organizations.
oops, oct 2005. got my letter today. celebrating=drunk

All4MyDaughter said:
But did you have the red jacket with all the zippers?
Parachute pants?

Back in those days, Michael Jackson was kind of attractive. Not a freak like he is now.

Nope, sorry you beat me there. :)