A Biryani Interlude

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thompa

Terminus Est
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My Google News feed today... I'd like to take this moment to point out I have never once searched for or posted about chicken biryani. I just stalk this forum.

I, for one, welcome our new biryani overlords.
Screenshot_20200505-185454_Rootless Pixel Launcher.jpg

Carry on y'all.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
Had some nasty bad biryani in Florida once

worst state in the union

for my money the best Biryani is found in Washington DC, Texas, Pittsburgh, Illinois, New York

No good Biryani in FL... Damn Carole Baskins!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No good Biryani in FL... Damn Carole Baskins!

tis true. the show taught me all I need to know. I wouldn’t touch oncologic care in Florida for a tiger, let alone a human patient.

What are y’all talking about? Htown has the BEST biryani.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way, today is for margaritas!

Also, everyone knows that the best Biriyani is in the Bay Area

Lmao typical Bay Area guy. I think you would be surprised.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
if any of you guys get chicken you ain't allowed at my Biryani table. You guys are going to have to eat outside while standing.

if any of you guys get chicken you ain't allowed at my Biryani table. You guys are going to have to eat outside while standing.

I agree with the lamb biryani but please don’t sleep on the butter chicken!

• Haha
Lamb is for the 'meh' biryani places that can't handle goat biryani. Don't even talk to me about chicken biryani. Chicken in indian food goes way better in so many other things.

If your biryani place doesn't offer goat biryani is it even a biryani restaurant?

As an aside - I'm glad we have a place to discuss biryani-related topics in one thread. Will be able to warn for off-topic posts for biryani discussions in other threads and move all offenders here going forward. Thanks, OP!

• Haha
I agree with the lamb biryani but please don’t sleep on the butter chicken!

you may be shaken to hear i prefer a good paki beef biryani, yes i said it!, but Goat and lamb are equally good, the more tortured and baby, the better.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
you may be shaken to hear i prefer a good paki beef biryani, yes i said it!, but Goat and lamb are equally good, the more tortured and baby, the better.

Now I'm wondering how a veal biryani would taste....

But you're going to alienate at least 50-75% of biryani eaters by putting beef into it.

Good discussion about biryanis guys. I think it taste like paella. Chicken fried rice also. Very similar. Don't ruin rice with torture!

Now I have to go to an Indian Buffett... hopefully, I won’t get sauce on my face mask!

Love shrimp "prawn" biryani, preferably with egg

View attachment 305490

That rice looks really dry. Maybe just the top layer. I'm not a fan of stuff perched on top, would rather it be cooked in with the rice and spices. Biryani is not meant to be a sophisticated, pretty dish, IMO, like most indian food. The prettiest indian food I've had is in the lowest quartile in terms of flavor.

• Haha
That rice looks really dry. Maybe just the top layer. I'm not a fan of stuff perched on top, would rather it be cooked in with the rice and spices. Biryani is not meant to be a sophisticated, pretty dish, IMO, like most indian food. The prettiest indian food I've had is in the lowest quartile in terms of flavor.

look I'm no KHE, but that biryani looks straight nasty, and I expect it to have been made by white people in the foothills of WV or the slums of Kansas, wherever the guy is.

Shrimp in Biryani is like putting your genitals in a wood chipper. May be for some, but not for me.

• Haha
Probably need to start eating your nutrition rather than drinking it. Start off with some Kerala fish curry

I’m aware of Kerala fish curry. You strike me as a Malayalam type

• Haha
more Sri lankan

Folks from Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Kerala would strongly disagree with you.

Fish and prawns huge part of cuisine once you get below the Mumbai line. More to India than Gujuratis and Punjabis.

My issue with the biryani was not the shrimp - if it was mixed in with the rice I'd have zero complaints. Different biryani for different days. Just looks dry af.

Turkey? As a thanksgiving dinner, delicious. Sliced on bread, good to go.

Turkey in my biryani? Never tried it, not enthusiastic for the same reasons I'm against chicken biryani.

As an aside - I'm glad we have a place to discuss biryani-related topics in one thread. Will be able to warn for off-topic posts for biryani discussions in other threads and move all offenders here going forward. Thanks, OP!

My master plan worked...

I got you evil.

I may be Chinese, but I was welcomed in Goa when I visited India. Many many many foreigners there on holiday.

Lots of Russian drugs historically I've been told, lots of ruskies still vacation there.

And obviously lots of British tourists, because of obvious reasons.

PB got banned? I'm shocked, i tell you. Shocked

1 month post hold due to repeated warnings.

Thank you to all who use the report button. While we may not act on everything that is reported (purposefully) we do review every single report thoughtfully.

1 month post hold due to repeated warnings.

Thank you to all who use the report button. While we may not act on everything that is reported (purposefully) we do review every single report thoughtfully.

you banned photonbomb AND medgator this year? Over active trigger finger much

this is why im a Neuronix Guy

you banned photonbomb AND medgator this year? Over active trigger finger much

this is why im a Neuronix Guy

Postholds to both, 1 month each. We've tried the carrot, now it is time for the stick for those who continue to break ToS.

Don't break the ToS and one doesn't have to worry.

I support EB's actions, and I'm glad that he's making a strong effort to create a civil environment in the forum.

2nd. Seems fair and balanced. A lot of the commotion comes from those who resort to drive-by personal attacks and trolling against those who don't share the same opinions regarding job market, hypofractionation, politics, biryanis, etc.