A bit afraid about my applications, please help

Started by sam12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sam12

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have applied to 10 schools. So far I have interviews set up for 2 schools and 3 schools have the status online as reviewing my application. For the other five schools there is no status shown on AADSAS. Should I call these 8 schools and ask them about my interview because its been a month or two(for some schools), since I have received their conformational emails regarding that they received my application. I am a bit nervous about all this because its getting late now in the cycle.
 
I am in the same boat. I applied to four - at one I had an interview (my local state school) and at another my app is being reviewed. The other two have been blank. I called the schools to be proactive both said my apps were complete and received but no decision had been made. At one of them the lady who handles the apps was gone for almost two weeks so they weren't going anywhere and at the other they said that they have over 500+ apps for 10 out of state spots...I'm not holding my breath.

The one under review said they were, in fact, reviewing and would let me know via email or I can keep checking AADSAS. (This was Creighton - they have a ton of apps so I'm not surprised)

Sorry I'm not much help but I am in the same boat. I submitted a complete application (LORs and transcripts were already there) on Aug. 10th.
 
for many schools, the 2nd batch of interview offers won't be sent out til much later. your application may sit there to collect dust for now.
 
it's still early in the game.
just because u didn't get an interview before Dec. 1 does not mean u won't get into a dental school.
students get interviews up until at least march.
best,
dan