a bit worried, could use advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pseud0

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently scheduled to take step 1 6/24 and comlex 6/28

most of my studying has been uworld questions (just finished first pass doing incorrects now), pathoma, i learned initially with BNB, sketchy micro/pharm

I hadn't done any of the self assessment exams until today as I've been preoccupied with a personal life change

just did UWSA1 and got an assessment score 480 converted to 224. I felt like I bombed it. My UWorld average on first pass is a 65.7 but i think I skewed it by doing around the first 50% of it by system instead of fully randomized. Other than that I did slightly higher than average for my school on proctored COMSAE 103 that I took (463).

just not sure where to go from here. Should I postpone my USMLE until the end of july, take COMLEX now? Should i try to push both back? It's probably worth it to take an NBME before I decide on anything, correct? I haven't started reviewing OMM either.

I'm interested in pursuing PMR, Peds, or FM.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

most of my studying has been uworld questions (just finished first pass doing incorrects now), pathoma, i learned initially with BNB, sketchy micro/pharm

I hadn't done any of the self assessment exams until today as I've been preoccupied with a personal life change

just did UWSA1 and got an assessment score 480 converted to 224. I felt like I bombed it. My UWorld average on first pass is a 65.7 but i think I skewed it by doing around the first 50% of it by system instead of fully randomized. Other than that I did slightly higher than average for my school on proctored COMSAE 103 that I took (463).

just not sure where to go from here. Should I postpone my USMLE until the end of july, take COMLEX now? Should i try to push both back? It's probably worth it to take an NBME before I decide on anything, correct? I haven't started reviewing OMM either.

Thanks
Yikes. Take NBME 18 ASAP as a benchmark. Knock about 10 off the UWS1 score and that’s probably ‘actually’ where you are.

I’d push exams back in your shoes. Regardless take an NBME practice exam!

Reactions: 1 user

Thanks

You definitely should take the other NBME’s and see where you are. Space them out and see how you do week by week so you have a good idea of the progress or subjects you are weak on.

Postponing the exam is probably a good idea at this point though. I wouldn’t rush step 1.

Postponed it already to end July, gunna get the nerves out of the way with the COMLEX first next week.