1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

A C+ on your transcript?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by samaRAWR, Dec 17, 2008.

1. samaRAWR

hi everyone! much to my disappointment, I ended up with a C+ this semester (freshman, 1st semester) in Dramatic Literature 212. how badly is this going to affect my chances of getting into a good medical school? (Baylor, Hopkins...) If ultimately, my cum GPA is very strong, (3.8, 3.9) will this C+ really matter? Thank you for your patients!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mobius1985

7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    No.

4. samaRAWR

thanks mobius to your quick reply!

5. samaRAWR

one more thing-i've heard somewhere that medical schools only look at your transcript after they've accepted you. Before acceptance, they only see your GPA, MCAT, ECs, etc. is this true? thanks!

6. Mobius1985

7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    No, it's not true. The AMCAS application form includes a transcript with all your post-high school courses on it. They definitely look at it before your interview, as many here on SDN report being asked about low grades in specific subjects. After you are accepted, you are expected to provide a final transcript from your current school, to show you've graduated (if required), completed all the prerequisites, and that you completed your final semesters with reasonable grades.

7. samaRAWR

thanks so much, mobius! you've been a great help!