• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

samaRAWR

10+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2008
Status
hi everyone! much to my disappointment, I ended up with a C+ this semester (freshman, 1st semester) in Dramatic Literature 212. how badly is this going to affect my chances of getting into a good medical school? (Baylor, Hopkins...) If ultimately, my cum GPA is very strong, (3.8, 3.9) will this C+ really matter? Thank you for your patients!

About the Ads

samaRAWR

10+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2008
Status
one more thing-i've heard somewhere that medical schools only look at your transcript after they've accepted you. Before acceptance, they only see your GPA, MCAT, ECs, etc. is this true? thanks!

Mobius1985

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2007
No, it's not true. The AMCAS application form includes a transcript with all your post-high school courses on it. They definitely look at it before your interview, as many here on SDN report being asked about low grades in specific subjects. After you are accepted, you are expected to provide a final transcript from your current school, to show you've graduated (if required), completed all the prerequisites, and that you completed your final semesters with reasonable grades.

About the Ads