A chances thread a little different from the others

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedStud1984

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I can't tell you how much the SDN community has helped me prepare for boards. Im an average student at a lower tier medical school, that being said I believe I am preparing diligently, and I hope for a solid score on the USMLE.

I took NBME 2 yesterday, and I received a 204. I currently have 25 days to prepare, during which I will complete all of USMLE World. I have finished 60% of Kaplan Qbank, with an average of about 55%. Although no one can predict the future, how likely is it that I can hope for a 225-230 on the real thing? Im sorry if I sound naive, it's just that I don't know if point increases like this are likely at this stage.

Thank you for your time

-medstud1984

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Although no one can predict the future, how likely is it that I can hope for a 225-230 on the real thing?

From what I've read of other posters' experiences, this is doable. Be sure you look at the breakdown of the NBME test and see where you're weak, then work on that.

I don't know if questions are how you learn best, but if they are then also consider getting and going through USMLEWorld.

Good luck!

From what I've read of other posters' experiences, this is doable. Be sure you look at the breakdown of the NBME test and see where you're weak, then work on that.

I don't know if questions are how you learn best, but if they are then also consider getting and going through USMLEWorld.

Good luck!

Hey thanks! Just started USMLEworld yesterday. Even so, I see alot of views to this thread--->Is a 25 point jump reasonable after 24 days? Thanks alot !