A common Supplemental app question????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cycloketocaine

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!!!

I was wondering about a question that has come up on my supplemental. It asks me to list all other schools that I will be making application to this year. Now, I was wondering, if I do decide to apply to more than just one school, and list those schools, could that count against me??? I am worried that the loyalty issue will come into play, particularly because I touched on that subject in one of my essays. Any thoughts?????

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I don't think it should be any of their business. I have no idea why a school would consider asking a question like that. The only reason I could think of is to force out-of-state people to list their allegiances.

If I had that question, I would state that I am only applying to that school and no others. Who cares if that is not correct. You might just put enough pressure on them by giving them this story!

I wouldn't over-analyze this. I was honest and wrote down 3-4 other schools that I was applying to. You may be asked a similar question at an interview.