A common Supplemental app question????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cycloketocaine

Full Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!!!

I was wondering about a question that has come up on my supplemental. It asks me to list all other schools that I will be making application to this year. Now, I was wondering, if I do decide to apply to more than just one school, and list those schools, could that count against me??? I am worried that the loyalty issue will come into play, particularly because I touched on that subject in one of my essays. Any thoughts?????
 
Personally, I don't think it should be any of their business. I have no idea why a school would consider asking a question like that. The only reason I could think of is to force out-of-state people to list their allegiances.

If I had that question, I would state that I am only applying to that school and no others. Who cares if that is not correct. You might just put enough pressure on them by giving them this story!
 
I wouldn't over-analyze this. I was honest and wrote down 3-4 other schools that I was applying to. You may be asked a similar question at an interview.