A couple of questions.

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rpames

Optometrist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Every time I call my parents they tell me I should apply to another school. I think it is too late in the process to even think about applying for 2003. Am I right or should I send another application in?

Where can I find a listing of all the OD schools board pass rates. I can find ICO's on their web page, but I have had trouble looking up SCO and NEW ENGLAND's. Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe most schools are on rolling admissions through spring, so until their 2007 classes are filled you still have a shot. I'd call the admissions offices of the schools you plan to apply to beforehand to see how much of the class is left to be filled, of course.

As far as board pass rates, I don't think there's a single source for that information (maybe the board itself?). That statistic is probably buried on all the schools' websites somewhere -- if not, it's a good question for the admissions office.

I sent an email to the optometry board about two weeks ago asking them for the pass rates and they told me to call each institution I was interested in.