1. We will be performing maintenance on the SDN forums on Friday, December 9 at 5:00 AM Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice

a curious thing about Emory DPT...

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by MJ000, 09.21.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. MJ000

MJ000

I was reviewing program pre-reqs today because frankly, these pre-reqs are killing me. I have about 7 pre-reqs to do before even applying and some of the courses seem abit unnecessary. Anyway, a curious thing about Emory is that they only require about 4 pre-req courses-- this is the only school that has such a very low pre-req requirement yet it is an awesome medical/PT school. Anyone have any input? Anyone attend the Emory program and have input on the program?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Watson27

Watson27

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I work with a PT who transferred out of the Emory DPT program to another school because she hated it so much... Obviously, everyone is different and while it wasn't a good fit for her, I'm sure it is perfect for others. Her decision to change schools was mainly due to the quality of her classmates, not necessarily the program itself. So maybe the pre-req thing has something to do with it... She just felt that her classmates weren't as professional and dedicated to their education as she had hoped. This was about 5 years ago, so things could have changed since then, or it could have just been one graduating class.

About the ads