a curious thing about Emory DPT...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MJ000

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reviewing program pre-reqs today because frankly, these pre-reqs are killing me. I have about 7 pre-reqs to do before even applying and some of the courses seem abit unnecessary. Anyway, a curious thing about Emory is that they only require about 4 pre-req courses-- this is the only school that has such a very low pre-req requirement yet it is an awesome medical/PT school. Anyone have any input? Anyone attend the Emory program and have input on the program?

Members don't see this ad.

I work with a PT who transferred out of the Emory DPT program to another school because she hated it so much... Obviously, everyone is different and while it wasn't a good fit for her, I'm sure it is perfect for others. Her decision to change schools was mainly due to the quality of her classmates, not necessarily the program itself. So maybe the pre-req thing has something to do with it... She just felt that her classmates weren't as professional and dedicated to their education as she had hoped. This was about 5 years ago, so things could have changed since then, or it could have just been one graduating class.