A decision to make

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nanaschool2000

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm having a hard time w/ making a decision on which post-bacc program I should attend. What's your opinion?

1) Washington University in St.Louis (university college)

2) Harvard Extension School

3) Duquesne University Post Bacc

4) Postbacc or second degree @ local state school

4) None of the above. Wait until taking MCAT and apply to SMP


HES seems most affordable. They offered me an enough amounts of grants & loans. However, I heard that classes are very rigorous. I'm afraid to take a chance since I do not definitely want to screw this up. Duquesne has a linkage option, but I dunno how good the program is. Wash U was my favorite choice, but they are giving me a hard time w/ financial aid. The post bacc program @ HES and Wash U seem very similar to me (they both are the continuing education department of university). What do you think? Should I just wait until I take MCAT and apply to SMP? The thing is that I didn't take Orgo II and Calc I when I was in Undergraduate. Do SMP accept students who didn't take those two courses? What about attending a state school and do things on my own? I just thought that formal programs are more beneficial since they have a better advising and support system.