a different path for a while...!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTtoMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI all-It has been a while since i posted and checked in to SDN. I wanted to put in a quick post as so many of you have helped me over the past 6-8 months....my path, my choices, o-chem, dropping o-chem, CC vs. 4 year for my last few classes. So i dropped o-chem as per the recommendation of so many SDN'ers since i was trying to get pregnant. I am sooo happy that i dropped because i am now pregnant and i would have ended up with a W instead of a clean Drop! I am very excited and am going to focus on my pregnancy and daughter for a while. It feels so 'right' to me and to my surprise med school, MCATS, and pre-req's are not on my mind all the time anymore. It is a nice break! It is mentally exhausting to be in that mode! That said, this dream will continue to live inside of me and i hope that one day i will achieve it.
Good Luck to EVERYONE. Congrats to those who have received acceptances this round. You are all an inspiration. I am sure i will continue to check in here and there as i love reading through everyone's posts! Just wanted to share my good news.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I'm also pregnant and planning to apply for MD.

HI all-It has been a while since i posted and checked in to SDN. I wanted to put in a quick post as so many of you have helped me over the past 6-8 months....my path, my choices, o-chem, dropping o-chem, CC vs. 4 year for my last few classes. So i dropped o-chem as per the recommendation of so many SDN'ers since i was trying to get pregnant. I am sooo happy that i dropped because i am now pregnant and i would have ended up with a W instead of a clean Drop! I am very excited and am going to focus on my pregnancy and daughter for a while. It feels so 'right' to me and to my surprise med school, MCATS, and pre-req's are not on my mind all the time anymore. It is a nice break! It is mentally exhausting to be in that mode! That said, this dream will continue to live inside of me and i hope that one day i will achieve it.
Good Luck to EVERYONE. Congrats to those who have received acceptances this round. You are all an inspiration. I am sure i will continue to check in here and there as i love reading through everyone's posts! Just wanted to share my good news.

Wow, that's great! Congratulations! :)

Med school will still be here when you're ready. I'm glad that you took the time to have a baby because it sounds like it was very important to you. I sometimes wish that I had taken the time to have a baby before starting med school because I worry that I won't have a good opportunity while in school/residency. So, FWIW, from someone in the same mindset, I think you should be happy with your choice, and it sounds like you are.

Good luck with everything! :luck: Take care.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL my husband swears he's going to be a stay at home dad, so why not. Yeah, yeah fertility issues. Meh. If it happens, it happens. If not, there's always China :laugh: (J/K)

I'm glad I'm not alone in this.. After 5 years of military service, I decided to start a family. I have 2 kids now.. 2 and 6 months and am Pre-Med. After a very difficult pregnancy (Placenta Abruption) I gave birth to my daughtor in April in the middle of Finals.. I still have a 4.0 GPA! It can be done, just do not stress yourself out when pregnant. Children are far more important than grades. I was lucky to take "easier" classes last semester. Remember to give your children quality time every day. (this means lots of late study nights)

LOL my husband swears he's going to be a stay at home dad, so why not. Yeah, yeah fertility issues. Meh. If it happens, it happens. If not, there's always China :laugh: (J/K)

Amen to that! :p

Thanks everyone for your good wishes! It is definately tough to balance these two HUGE parts of life when you are a non-trad b/c the clock continues to tick. I am thrilled now and hoping and praying that everything will go well with this pregnancy. I am putting off worrying about med school for a while...! Good luck with everyone's baby plans! What is it that they say.....40 is the new 30 right!