A few PAT question help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbure9

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a little skeptical of the following answers. (They are A,E,D in that order). Just wondering what you all think. Thanks!
127658.5.QPAC705img01.jpg
127656.5.QPAC703img01.jpg
127734.6.QPAF781img01.gif

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a little skeptical of the following answers. (They are A,E,D in that order). Just wondering what you all think. Thanks!
127658.5.QPAC705img01.jpg
127656.5.QPAC703img01.jpg
127734.6.QPAF781img01.gif
The first two are correct, the third I'm not 100% on, but D was my first guess.

The first two are correct, the third I'm not 100% on, but D was my first guess.

Why wouldn't that first one be B. It seems symmetrical to me, no?
And for the folding, are you folding into or out of the page?

Why wouldn't that first one be B. It seems symmetrical to me, no?
And for the folding, are you folding into or out of the page?

For the first one, B isn't correct because it is not symmetric. There is one flat surface, and one corner on the side pointed outward. From there you should notice that the oval is hanging over onto the sloped surface on the right, but only goes to the edge of the flat surface on the left side.
For the third one, I am folding inwards and rotating 180 degrees to get the image that matches D.

Members don't see this ad :)
First B. there is no waythat it could be (C D E)
Scond B. (i cna't think of any way to fit into E)
Third D

For the first one, B isn't correct because it is not symmetric. There is one flat surface, and one corner on the side pointed outward. From there you should notice that the oval is hanging over onto the sloped surface on the right, but only goes to the edge of the flat surface on the left side.
For the third one, I am folding inwards and rotating 180 degrees to get the image that matches D.

I agree! Everyone keeps trying to say it is B but it is not possible. The book is correct the answer is A. The oval is closer to one of the edges in the original picture. For the third one D is the correct answer. You need to rotate the image. :thumbup:

so the second one is B?????

first one is A? i see it now (looking at the original figure the right side has a longer length)

Scond B. (i cna't think of any way to fit into E)

Try rotating the whole thing towards you 180 degrees. It can't be B because B has the slanted surfaces towards the bottom while the shape's surfaces are perpendicular to the vertical axis, not sloped. It is E.