A few questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vsun

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a few questions on the AADSAS app

1. I did research in undergrad, worked in the same lab after graduation, and did research in the same lab for grad school.
Do I lump all that under 1 research experience? Or split it up?

I'd rather split it up because the brief description is so small and I can't possibly describe all I did in those 5 years of research.

So I split it up into undergrad, work, grad and described what I did in each. Would that be ok?

2. Also what is the latest date that is considered applying early? Like I'm planning to submit primary by next week. Is that too late to be in the early group?

3. I know they might ask for verification of shadowing hours. I shadowed a dentist but I dont live in the area anymore, and he may not practice there. Is it fine if I dont submit verification for that?

4. Im a cali resident and was wondering if this is a good list of schools to apply to with my stats. Any schools that I should consider adding in or removing?

Stats:
undergrad GPA: 3.6, grad GPA: 3.8
AA: 21 TS: 20 PAT: 24 RC: 23 QR: 21 Bio/Chem/Ochem: 20/20/20
130 hours shadowing dentists
3000+ hours research in dermatology field (I worked full time at one point)
a few publications
buttload of ECs dealing with physical activities/martial arts

Schools:
Midwestern, UCLA, UCSF, UOP, USC, Western, Boston, Harvard, Tufts, Columbia, NYU, Case, Penn, Pitts

Members don't see this ad.

your stats are fine. I would also split the research up. I am assuming you have different responsibilities as a grad student doing research then as an undergrad student. You can apply by mid July and still be considered early in my opinion. Your list of schools is fine too. You should be alright this cycle.

I would definitely split. I am splitting up two different projects that I worked on in the same lab all as an undergrad because there's no way I can write about both with 175 characters.

I am applying early July and I think it should be on the early ish side. I am waiting for spring quarter grades.

School list looks good. Good luck!

So I have a few questions on the AADSAS app

1. I did research in undergrad, worked in the same lab after graduation, and did research in the same lab for grad school.
Do I lump all that under 1 research experience? Or split it up?

I'd rather split it up because the brief description is so small and I can't possibly describe all I did in those 5 years of research.

So I split it up into undergrad, work, grad and described what I did in each. Would that be ok?Splitting up is the better option, they may all be in the same location but theyre all different.

2. Also what is the latest date that is considered applying early? Like I'm planning to submit primary by next week. Is that too late to be in the early group? Not late, early is june and july.

3. I know they might ask for verification of shadowing hours. I shadowed a dentist but I dont live in the area anymore, and he may not practice there. Is it fine if I dont submit verification for that? They dont ask for any verification.

4. Im a cali resident and was wondering if this is a good list of schools to apply to with my stats. Any schools that I should consider adding in or removing?

Stats:
undergrad GPA: 3.6, grad GPA: 3.8
AA: 21 TS: 20 PAT: 24 RC: 23 QR: 21 Bio/Chem/Ochem: 20/20/20
130 hours shadowing dentists
3000+ hours research in dermatology field (I worked full time at one point)
a few publications
buttload of ECs dealing with physical activities/martial arts

Schools:
Midwestern, UCLA, UCSF, UOP, USC, Western, Boston, Harvard, Tufts, Columbia, NYU, Case, Penn, Pitts
Your list looks fine.