A few questions.

Started by SuperK
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SuperK

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I have a few questions..

how does pharmcas calculate the gpa if you retake a class? does it Average the grades (F first time - F second time = C) or does it calculate both in the overall gpa (like 2 classes).

About how much of the PCAT is Calculus.. because I won't have Calculus completed when i take the pcat ;/

IS there usually more OCHEM I or OCHEM II questions on the test? or are they both about the same amount?

When would be a good time to apply ? --- the months ??

Thanks in advance for anyone that helps with these questions~~~ 🙂
 
Hi,
I have a few questions..

how does pharmcas calculate the gpa if you retake a class? does it Average the grades (F first time - F second time = C) or does it calculate both in the overall gpa (like 2 classes).

About how much of the PCAT is Calculus.. because I won't have Calculus completed when i take the pcat ;/

IS there usually more OCHEM I or OCHEM II questions on the test? or are they both about the same amount?

When would be a good time to apply ? --- the months ??

Thanks in advance for anyone that helps with these questions~~~ 🙂

It calculates it as if it were 2 different classes.

Don't know, didn't take the PCAT.

Same as above.

June-Aug/Sept. Depending on the school deadline you might be okay with Oct/Nov, but I would try getting it done in the earlier part of the application cycle.
 
The PCAT Candidate Information Booklet says that 22% of the questions will be calculus-based. Also, there is a slant toward first semester organic chemistry in the chemistry section.