A few questions..

Started by Danyelle1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Danyelle1

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I am about to start my second semester at a state school for biology. I transferred there from a CC where I took business but hated it and ended up with a 2.9gpa. I took a few years off and gained pharmacy experience and am back in school with a mission haha. I had a 3.9 after my first semester. I want to get my BS in biology and minor in chemistry, but I have no idea how to schedule these classes that I have left and when I should take the PCAT! Im going to list everything I have left, if you could please help me put them in an order that would work and also tell me when I should plan on taking the PCAT... Thank you!

Here they are:

Mathematical methods in science
1st and second year seminars
chem 1 and 2
organic 1 and 2
physics
pre calc
calc
statistics
plant biology
imuunology or cell biology or genetics
microbiology
biochemistry
1 literary and philosophical analysis
2 appreciation of the arts classes
psychology

I believe thats all. I cant even believe how many I have left, it looks intimidating! But i would appreciate any help you can give me, thanks!!
 
well looks like you have your hands pretty full and by your classes, you could finish them in about 2 1/2-3 years depending where you stand with them now. You could always go to a counselor at your school for the sequences, but obviously you would take general chemistry before organic chemistry and pre-calculus before calculus. I suggest you get right onto taking the general and pre-calculus just to get those pre-reqs out of the way for the next classes to come.

As a note of advice, schedule the sequences of your science classes first as they are more important and fill in your electives/humanities classes as needed.
 
Oh, and if it helps and you haven't already done so, there is a sticky atop the forum with useful info on pre-pharmacy stuff. 👍