A few quick questions

Started by SunnyDev
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SunnyDev

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, my marks were pretty bad in first yr, but I kno i can do much better now that a lot of distractions and issues are cleared. I plan on retakin like the chem/bio courses of first yr to raise my marks.

For my redone courses.. do they average it? Or can I just use the higher of the two grades. Also, if i retake the PCAT, again do they average it, or take the higher?
Basically what im askin is if i apply now, and then again in lets say a years time, with courses re-done with much better marks, and a better PCAT, will they treat that as a whole new application, or will they look back at my old stuff? (first time i took chem/bio, first time i took PCAT)

thanks guys!
 
Hi, my marks were pretty bad in first yr, but I kno i can do much better now that a lot of distractions and issues are cleared. I plan on retakin like the chem/bio courses of first yr to raise my marks.

For my redone courses.. do they average it? Or can I just use the higher of the two grades. Also, if i retake the PCAT, again do they average it, or take the higher?
Basically what im askin is if i apply now, and then again in lets say a years time, with courses re-done with much better marks, and a better PCAT, will they treat that as a whole new application, or will they look back at my old stuff? (first time i took chem/bio, first time i took PCAT)

thanks guys!

The grades - generally speaking they average them, but I remember of one school, I think USN, that only looks at your higher grades.

For PCAT, I don't know about all schools, but I know some of the schools I am applying to, only look at the higher scores. You should call the schools you are applying to and check individually with each school.

Good luck !
 
Last edited:
The grades - generally speaking they average them, but I remember of one school, I think USN, that only looks at your higher grades.

I was looking at the 2009 Pharmacy checklist (posted on SDN sumwhere, i cant rmember where i got it lol)

And for a bunch of unis.. it says
*highest grade used

Theres quite a lot, Is this for all the courses ? :S