PhD/PsyD A field most rewarding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBebiHuey

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Dr. Huey. First name Bebi. I came from India to pursue a career as a psychiatrist. I cannot emphasize what a great career choice this has been. The drug companies representing my medications have been unbelievably supportive. I have been taken on an expensive cruise and eaten fine food, thanks to Eli Lily! Unfortunately, when I returned to my practice, I found one of my patients had been diagnosed with NMS (neuroleptic malignant syndrome). This was due to a rare reaction to antipsychotic medication. Fortunately, they have recovered but developed permanent seizures. For which I have prescribed Topamax as advised by drug reps, and I have again been handsomely rewarded!

Well, I know everything is so "hush hush" but we're on a private message board, so who cares eh? What kind of benefits have YOU reaped, or heard of from your colleagues, from prescribing medications? I'm excited! Have you ever suffered any consequences from prescribing a certain medication? I previously worked in manual scavenging in India, and boy, what a relief this has been!

Members don't see this ad.

Do they teach you how to read in Indian medical schools?

Psychiatrists are in fact, excellent readers! Especially those of us from India. I've treated many children with reading disabilities with Desoxyn, which has been nothing short of a miracle.

Members don't see this ad :)
move it to the psychiatry forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.