A Good Medical Dictionary?

Started by cast128
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cast128

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey All,

I am currently taking a tumor biology class and the professor recommended we buy a medical dictionary. I was wondering if any of you knew of a good one that I could continue to use while in medical school next year. I would rather buy a nice one once than a crappy one now and a nice one later. Thanks in advance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I use Taber's as well.
I highly suggest supplementing your education with a course in Medical Terminology before you begin medical school if you have the time.
I took the course and can state that it has helped me out a lot during my other science courses such as anatomy, physiology and microbiology...especially anatomy--it was just that much easier to understand the root meaning of words rather than memorizing a thousand different names of structures.