A hello from VietNam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anybody knows for sure please let me know...thanks

Members don't see this ad.

anybody knows for sure please let me know...thanks

As long as you graduated from:

Hanoi Medical School
Hue Medical School
Medical and Pharmaceutical University of Ho Chi Minh City
University Center of Health Professionals of Ho Chi Minh City
University of Saigon Faculty of Medicine

You should be fine in most, if not all 50 states, including California. However, you would need to take the American Boards (USMLE), TOEFL (english exam), and attend residency training in the US in order to become a practicing physician here.

Thanks lotusofBorg. Can I ask what is your professional background? are you in U.S. currently?

Members don't see this ad :)
Osteopaths have full practice rights in Vietnam I heard. Any Viets who are in osteopathy?

Thanks lotusofBorg. Can I ask what is your professional background? are you in U.S. currently?

My background is non-medical:) I am changing careers and hoping to begin medical school next year. I am an immigrant and a citizen of the US. I've resided here for over 16 years.

im vietnamese toooo :D .........been here since 1993 when i was 12........havent gone back yet but i heard vietnam today is nothing like i remember it........have anyone gone back yet?

it's amazing ! I'm from HoChiMinh and I'm 4th year student of University training centrer for healthcare proffesion:oops: :oops: :oops: (Trung Tâm Đào Tạo Cán Bộ Y T̓)
I don't think I will get many Vietnamese med students in this forum,so wonder!:D :D :D :thumbup:
Làm quen cái nhé:p

Wow, I have never seen so many smart Vietnamese students in the same room before. For those who came here when you were like >16 and got into professional school-How do you do it without knowing very much English when you got here? You guys must be extremely smart. For you guys in Vietnam medical school as well, because Vietnam University is extremely competitive. I haven't been back in Vietnam in a decade but I heard it has changed drastically as well.
Good luck to all.

:thumbup: alo alo, I'm also Vietmanese currently attending US med school. Nice to know there are others floating around!

hello all,
I am so stoked to read this thread. I came here when I was 20 and I am going to med school in august 2007 ( I am 25 now). So far, I got in Creighton and NYMC. By the way, I really like the idea of going back to Vietnam for one elective rotation. Anyone with me on this? We should plan ahead .LOL

Hi all! I'm an American-born Vietnamese 4th year med student who is going to do a 1-month elective in Saigon. It will be my first time in Vietnam.

I will be there Jan 29 through Feb 21, 2007. I'm pretty excited, but a little nervous. My Vietnamese is OK, but I will need considerable help, especially when it comes to medical terminology! Hopefully the medical students there will help me out. :)

hello
Nice to meet all of Vietnamease here, I am association teacher of Hanoi Medical Univesity of Tuberculosis and Pulmonary Disease Department.
Thank for all your help.:p

Hello to everybody!!!
im a newbie here, but I'll Senior member after some time!
I think that I'll have all answers for my questions...
I think that everybody can to find answers for their questions ;)
Lets post :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! I'm glad to find this VN forum. Here is my question:
I know that it doesn't matter what to choose your undergrad major for applying to med school. Since I haven't had my BS degree yet, is it good idea to take Nursing route(ADN-->BSN) ---> Med school? because when choosing medical field as the future career so get BS degree(to qualify for applying med school)working as a nurse to get clinical experience for my application later.
Thanks for your answers.
Don.

yo

Attachments

• good morning.jpg
    good morning.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 196
Hi Don, you can check on amcas website for stats; numbers of nurses applying to meds school are low; when they applied the percentage accepted is also low. My guess is that it is hard to get a high gpa in nursing school. Medschool admission is all about gpa and mcat.

Hello Thay Cuongoc, I'm currently a resident in family medicine in usa. I see a good number of vietnamese patients, most of them had bcg vacination. Are they still giving that in Vietnam? if yes if you can provide the reason? If it stopped can you provide the year it stopped. Thanks so much.

Hi everyone,
I'm so glad to see everyone here. Hello again.
1. If you are Vietnamese med students or Vietnamese doctors in Vietnam:
We have a program for those who want to pursue a residency in the U.S. Basically, if you graduated from the 10 universities in Vietnam below, you're eligible to participate the match as long as you're ECFMG certified. Details of the program can be seen here. We're trying to recruit as many Vietnamese doctor as possible for the program.

Chương Trình Du Học Nội Trú Chuyên Khoa tại Bệnh Viện Mỹ dành cho các Bác Sĩ Việt Nam
• Nếu bạn là Bác Sĩ hoặc SV Y khoa năm cuối hệ chính quy tại Việt Nam.
• Nếu bạn muốn học hỏi chuyên khoa tại Mỹ
• Nếu bạn nói và viết tiếng Anh thông thạo
• Nếu bạn có kiên nhẫn và ý chi
• Nếu bạn muốn làm việc tại Mỹ với lương khởi điểm là 43,000 USD /năm lúc học nội trú và có thể đến 150,000 USD/năm sau khi tốt nghiệp nội trú.

Trái với nhiều người nghĩ, bằng BS của VN có thể được công nhận và làm việc tại Mỹ với một số điều kiện. Chúng tôi có chương trình du học nội trú chuyên khoa tại Mỹ dành cho bạn. Nước Mỹ hiện nay đang thiếu BS và sẽ còn thiếu trong vòng 10 năm nữa. Đây là cơ hội cho các BS VN có ý chí và khả năng.

Yêu Cầu Tuyển Sinh
i. Tốt Nghiệp từ 1 trong 10 trường Y dưới đây.
ii. Nói và Viết Anh Ngữ thông thạo.
iii. Đạt điểm cao trong học bạ trường Y
iv. Có công trình nghiên cứu (không bắt buộc)

Chúng tôi là nhóm các BS và SV Y khoa tại Mỹ. Chúng tôi lập ra chương trình này nhằm tạo điều kiện cho các tài năng y khoa của VN được qua Mỹ học và làm việc. Hiện tại chúng tôi đang phát triển chương trình cho 2 chuyên ngành nội tổng quát và BS gia đình. Các chuyên ngành khác sẽ từ từ được bổ sung.

Chương trình tuyển sinh gòm 2 vòng:
Vòng 1:
• Thi thử USLME tại Việt Nam.
• Thi kiểm tra tiếng Anh chuyên ngành và kỹ năng lâm sàng
• Xem xét bảng điểm trường Y
• Xem xét các công trình nghiên cứu
Vòng 2:
• Học và ôn thi USMLE
• Kiểm tra kỹ năng thực hành
• Thi USMLE 1,2 và CS tại Thái Lan]
• Phỏng vấn tại Mỹ.
http://ykhoavn.net/site_up/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1282
10 trường Y: ĐH Y Cần Thơ, ĐH Y Dược TPHCM, ĐH Y Hà Nội, TT ĐT BD Cán Bộ Y Tế TPHCM, ĐH Y Thái Nguyên, ĐH Y Tây Nguyên, ĐH Y Thái Bình, ĐH Y Hải Phòng, ĐH Y Huế, và Học Viện Quân Y.
Please contact us at [email protected], we'll mail you the program detail (21 page PDF).
2.If you are Vietnamese med students in the US (both MD and DO schools) and you are interested in doing elective rotations in Vietnam and would like to go there and tutor USMLE for Viet med students as well as Viet doctors. Please join us at [email protected]. We're establishing a network of Vietnamese here so you can go back to Vietnam doing away electives, exchange, medical mission, or teach.
Please help bridging medical education between Vietnam and US
Anyway, www.ykhoavn.com is a forum dedicated for Vietnamese med students in Vietnam. Please join us

Hi Don, you can check on amcas website for stats; numbers of nurses applying to meds school are low; when they applied the percentage accepted is also low. My guess is that it is hard to get a high gpa in nursing school. Medschool admission is all about gpa and mcat.

Thanks Cangsaigon for your info. I will check amcas website.
BTW your name sounds you like "Đá banh":thumbup:

No problem Don, you are right, I love "DDa Banh", more people know me as "thu mon" then as "doctor". (-: Later

Happy new year everyone, wish happiness and health, and everyone's wish will come true this year.

Wish everyone here a good year of the Boar with prosperity and happiness.

I just wanna share this with you guys. This year is so awesome 'cause I just got in UCLA. I can't be any happier.:love:

I just wanna share this with you guys. This year is so awesome 'cause I just got in UCLA. I can't be any happier.:love:

Good job Kevin!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Congratulations

Hi everyone,
I'm so glad to see everyone here. Hello again.
1. If you are Vietnamese med students or Vietnamese doctors in Vietnam:
We have a program for those who want to pursue a residency in the U.S. Basically, if you graduated from the 10 universities in Vietnam below, you're eligible to participate the match as long as you're ECFMG certified. Details of the program can be seen here. We're trying to recruit as many Vietnamese doctor as possible for the program.

Chương Trình Du Học Nội Trú Chuyên Khoa tại Bệnh Viện Mỹ dành cho các Bác Sĩ Việt Nam
• Nếu bạn là Bác Sĩ hoặc SV Y khoa năm cuối hệ chính quy tại Việt Nam.
• Nếu bạn muốn học hỏi chuyên khoa tại Mỹ
• Nếu bạn nói và viết tiếng Anh thông thạo
• Nếu bạn có kiên nhẫn và ý chi
• Nếu bạn muốn làm việc tại Mỹ với lương khởi điểm là 43,000 USD /năm lúc học nội trú và có thể đến 150,000 USD/năm sau khi tốt nghiệp nội trú.

Trái với nhiều người nghĩ, bằng BS của VN có thể được công nhận và làm việc tại Mỹ với một số điều kiện. Chúng tôi có chương trình du học nội trú chuyên khoa tại Mỹ dành cho bạn. Nước Mỹ hiện nay đang thiếu BS và sẽ còn thiếu trong vòng 10 năm nữa. Đây là cơ hội cho các BS VN có ý chí và khả năng.

Yêu Cầu Tuyển Sinh
i. Tốt Nghiệp từ 1 trong 10 trường Y dưới đây.
ii. Nói và Viết Anh Ngữ thông thạo.
iii. Đạt điểm cao trong học bạ trường Y
iv. Có công trình nghiên cứu (không bắt buộc)

Chúng tôi là nhóm các BS và SV Y khoa tại Mỹ. Chúng tôi lập ra chương trình này nhằm tạo điều kiện cho các tài năng y khoa của VN được qua Mỹ học và làm việc. Hiện tại chúng tôi đang phát triển chương trình cho 2 chuyên ngành nội tổng quát và BS gia đình. Các chuyên ngành khác sẽ từ từ được bổ sung.

Chương trình tuyển sinh gòm 2 vòng:
Vòng 1:
• Thi thử USLME tại Việt Nam.
• Thi kiểm tra tiếng Anh chuyên ngành và kỹ năng lâm sàng
• Xem xét bảng điểm trường Y
• Xem xét các công trình nghiên cứu
Vòng 2:
• Học và ôn thi USMLE
• Kiểm tra kỹ năng thực hành
• Thi USMLE 1,2 và CS tại Thái Lan]
• Phỏng vấn tại Mỹ.
10 trường Y: ĐH Y Cần Thơ, ĐH Y Dược TPHCM, ĐH Y Hà Nội, TT ĐT BD Cán Bộ Y Tế TPHCM, ĐH Y Thái Nguyên, ĐH Y Tây Nguyên, ĐH Y Thái Bình, ĐH Y Hải Phòng, ĐH Y Huế, và Học Viện Quân Y.
Please contact us at [email protected], we'll mail you the program detail (21 page PDF).
2.If you are Vietnamese med students in the US (both MD and DO schools) and you are interested in doing elective rotations in Vietnam and would like to go there and tutor USMLE for Viet med students as well as Viet doctors. Please join us at [email protected]. We're establishing a network of Vietnamese here so you can go back to Vietnam doing away electives, exchange, medical mission, or teach.
Please help bridging medical education between Vietnam and US
Anyway, www.ykhoavn.com is a forum dedicated for Vietnamese med students in Vietnam. Please join us

well, is it any true ? Let s post something about yourself and your association as well...long to hear about that!

Well as posted above, it is not that impossible for V medical students to enter residency in the states after they finish the first 6 year medical education in VN. Indeed you guys in V med schools have the equal opportunity as Indian, european students or ones from anywhere else in the world...providing you finish the ECFMG requirements and become certified ( in VNese, let s translate a little bit, thi bằng BS tương đương và được công nhận )
It s also true that international medical garaduates in the US are much more than what people often think about , the ratio being 1/4...
BTW, i m not in the state nor have i ever been there but thinking ab' US lights me up. Hope to have some friends there.

to all : I must agree that Viets are really friendly and enthusiastic. So, anyone here deciding to take a rotation in Vn should consider the Vnese medical terminology difficulty but with the help from doctors ( who can understand Eng much better ) and students there ( who may do whatever to help you ), it is not that hard and boring. Hope you guys have a good time in Vn. Enjoy food, the beach and many untold never-heard experience and entertainment there or you ll reget for the wholly life. :laugh: I am not in VN currently but i hope to come back home in the summer and for some more words, i am a med student from SG too. SG is really interesting once you have a friend there to take you around...
Let s talk about Vietnam ( the country itself) and VNese and do not lead this forum far toward any political debates coz it s from the beginning a clean and nice topic of Saigonese medical students...

Troi dat oi...this thread is old, but whatever!!! Cha`o ba` con...hahahah

I didn't realize that there are soooooo many Viet on this site. There is a whole long thread in the pharmacy forum. But too many people know me over there, so I can't post...I have to come over here :)

cái topic này cũ thật, nhưng thôi tìm ra đc cũng thấy hay hay...
Hi vietnamese, i am a vietnamese too, nice to see all u guys.
I just came here 10 months lol,

I agree with " cái topic này cũ thật nhưng cũng thấy hay hay..." (-:

Anyone in the NorthWest States?

hello every, MS1 here, going to school in NJ. Does anyone know about elective rotations in HCM city in VN? I'd like to do a couple of rotations before graduating.

Hey, I'm Vietnamese here as well! I'm a pre-med!!

Anyone on here got into medical school in the States as an international student? I'd love to seek advice from you!! :soexcited:

I would like to visit Vietnam and have some pho in addition to the other cultural delicacies

Good luck on your applications

US med student, feel free to msg me if you have any questions

Vietnamese medical students. Will start in Fall 2017

Most programs have that, if you just email the program you are interested in, you can easily come for an observership