A home in Akron, OH?

Started by takotsubo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

takotsubo

...
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I matched in Akron, OH and will be there for 4 years. Does anyone have any opinion on the real estate market out there? I'm interested in purchasing a house but i know that i will for sure leave after 4 years. I have heard the real estate market in Ohio has taken a dive in the last few years and I just don't want to be stuck with a house I can't get rid over in 4 years. :scared: Any thoughts?

Thanks.
 
My aunt lives in Akron and she is a real estate agent out there. If you'd like, PM Me and you can contact her and ask her about the market in that area. I know my uncle has a beautiful home there and it is rather extravagant compared to other homes. I believe it's valued around $350k.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah...I would say that is a little extravagant for my wallet. I was looking at 150K.

I bought a home in Erie, PA for $85k and I think it's wonderful. Albeit I am doing some renovations to make it a bit nicer. You can get homes in the same range in Akron. I was just stating my uncle has a really nice big home for $350 whereas in NYC, where I'm from, his same house would cost $1 million.