A+ in VMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gracietiger

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all!! Just a quick question... When filling out our coursework in VMCAS, I see there is a column that has the grade we input, and then a VMCAS grade. I understand that A+'s are still equal to 4.0, but I see that in the column "VMCAS grade," A+'s are listed as A's. Will the schools see that we actually received an A+, though it's counted as an A?

I don't mean to start a debate about A+'s vs. A's because I know a lot of schools, or classes, don't distribute A+'s... but I'm just wondering if schools will even know that we received an A+ if it was offered?
 
Hi all!! Just a quick question... When filling out our coursework in VMCAS, I see there is a column that has the grade we input, and then a VMCAS grade. I understand that A+'s are still equal to 4.0, but I see that in the column "VMCAS grade," A+'s are listed as A's. Will the schools see that we actually received an A+, though it's counted as an A?

I don't mean to start a debate about A+'s vs. A's because I know a lot of schools, or classes, don't distribute A+'s... but I'm just wondering if schools will even know that we received an A+ if it was offered?

any school that requires a physical copy of your transcript will know. other than that i doubt theres much you can do. i wouldnt worry about it, it's probably not looked at more favorably since it's not very commonly used