a little advice please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IkeBoy18

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about taking a mini winter session course. History 1. It was one of the classes i received a C in. I know I can get a an A. The only thing is it wont make that much of an impression on my gpa. Ill go from a 3.02 to a 3.04 overall and my science gpa 3.5 will stay the same. Should I even retake this course?

Members don't see this ad.

It can't hurt, but I wouldn't bother. It seems like kind of a waste of money to me personally. A C isn't a terrible grade, and it's in history, which isn't a pharmacy prereq anyway. But, as I said, it can't hurt.

I wouldnt. I'd spend the winter working or volunteering or doing somethign else more pertinent to pharmacy. i'd imagine that'd look better on your application than an A in history.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shovingit said:
I wouldnt. I'd spend the winter working or volunteering or doing somethign else more pertinent to pharmacy. i'd imagine that'd look better on your application than an A in history.
i 2nd that

I agree with the previous posters. No way, don't bother retaking that class. Even if it was a Bio/Chem class I wouldn't retake it. A "C" = average... it isn't going to stop you from getting into pharmacy school. Focus on making yourself a more well-rounded applicant by volunteering or shadowning a pharmacist.