A little clarification regarding the disadvantaged essay please.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TheSandlapper

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the essay, I kept it very simple and straightforward, and it was a good bit shorter than the character limit. Is this how it should be? I treated my life about like a news story, rather than trying to make it engaging like a book. Is this "just the facts, ma'am" style writing ok here, or should I try and make it more like my personal statement and try and "hook" the reader in? All help is appreciated.
 
There's no right or wrong way to explain your life. It's not like it's a personal statement.