A little help please..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yanks187

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently studying for the mcat and i will be taking it september 1st..I am sending my application in the aacomas this week to verify my grades and my LoRs should be done by the second or third week of september. Does my personal statement need to be completed this week before I send in my grades to be verified?

Also am I applying to late? I am only applying to do schools and should receive my mcat scores by october 4. Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

until everything is submitted you won't start to become verified. and you won't send your LORs to AACOMAS. and your stats will determine how late you are. if you get a 30+ on the MCAT you might be ok. if you get a 23, you are probably too late.

ok but do i have to submit my personal statement with my grades or can i just send my grades in this week and my personal statement next week or the week after..

Members don't see this ad :)
Your personal statement has to be included in order to submit your application.

Okay.. so if I had everything in by next week would I be ok for this years application process..I'll be getting my MCAT scores October 4th so those will go right to the schools I'm applying to..so the LoRs go right to the schools as well? Thanks for the replies

Yanks, it is difficult to assess how good of shape you are in for this year. Your lateness really depends on how good your application is. Like FrkyBgStok said, if you get a 30+ and have a good GPA, you are probably still fine. Also, do you have good EC's or very few, should be considered.

My best assessment from what I can tell is that you are trying to quickly throw together your application to get it in. My personal advice is to take a deep breath, focus more on writing an AMAZING personal statement, and if it takes you two extra days, at least you will have a strong personal statement.

Your letters will most likely go to Interfolio (that is what most people use), unless you want your writers to mail them directly to the schools.

I wish you the best of luck.

Sorry I know this is totally random, but I am still trying to learn how to use this site..however could one of you guys answer my quesiton... thanks!

If I transfer from one 4 year college to another (UCR to UCLA) do I send both transctrips to Med school?
I ask this because on my transcript for UCLA it has already converted all my classes from UC Riverside. Because if they ask for both will they look at both or just UCLA's because all my grades are already on that one?

Sorry I know this is totally random, but I am still trying to learn how to use this site..however could one of you guys answer my quesiton... thanks!

If I transfer from one 4 year college to another (UCR to UCLA) do I send both transctrips to Med school?
I ask this because on my transcript for UCLA it has already converted all my classes from UC Riverside. Because if they ask for both will they look at both or just UCLA's because all my grades are already on that one?

I'd send both. Pretty sure its required to send all transcripts actually.