A little less than 3 weeks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flga

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the Step at the end of April and am starting to freak out. Up until now, I have annotated my First Aid and did the Goljan routine-audio, plus his 1000 pages of notes. The problem is, I don't feel like I have learned anything. Everything I have done up until now, has gone in one ear and out the other. Anyway, I took NBME 2 and scored 380. My achilles heel is pharm-I CANNOT SEEM TO MEMORIZE THIS AT ALL. I have recently purchased Secrets for the USMLE Step 1 (Blue Book) by the recommendation of a classmate that used it-he passed, so I listened to him. Anyway, I have a few questions: Has anyone used Secrets and was successful with it? Can it replace First Aid? Should I go over the 1000 pages of Goljan again with his HY (100 pages) in addition to First Aid, or should I just stick to one of them? Sorry this is so jumbled. Thanks for the advice and good luck to all those taking this test soon.

JN

Members don't see this ad.

sounds to me like the problem is that you've spent all your time annotating and not enough time really studying/thinking about the material. maybe you should try just focusing on first aid for a bit and then refering to goljan's notes if you have questions as you go along. writing stuff down helps you to remember, but it sounds like you really need to just study what you've got.

p.s. I like brs pharm cards a lot. some disagree with me. whatever.