A little neurotic: P/F course after acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

page394

Reaction score
I'm currently taking anatomy (not as a major requirement just for fun) and it's taking so much time. Some home stuff happening means I'm pretty tight on time already. I already received an acceptance from a program I would be pretty stoked to attend so I'm wondering if it would matter if I just elect this course P/F? I currently have an A- in the course and honestly if I worked harder, I could get it up to an A, but again so exhausted and it would be nice to sort of watch lectures just for fun instead of trying to memorize every detail for the exam.
Basically any foreseeable consequences from electing this P/F? Anatomy isn't required for the medical school either. Also to be clear, without electing P/F, I'll probably end up with an A-, but I'd be so stressed trying to bring that up to an A because of pride.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm gonna throw out my usual caveat that Mr. Smile or Goro or somebody might tell you I'm wrong, and you should listen to them.

But, as far as your acceptance, I really don't think it matters what the grades are at this point as long as you get your bachelor's.

Now I'll also tell you I REALLY wish I had taken anatomy before med school. That was my hardest course ever in my life. But if you've got personal stuff going on, nothing wrong with taking it easy.

Reactions: 1 users
Why not just take the A-? Or even a B+? Both are perfectly fine grades.

It's not going to impact your admissions, and learning to be OK with "good but not perfect" work is a skill that will do you really well in the years to come.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You can pass fail anything that isn't a pre-req. Adcom might judge you for it, but post-acceptance they will give 0 ****s.

Reactions: 1 user
Why not just take the A-? Or even a B+? Both are perfectly fine grades.

It's not going to impact your admissions, and learning to be OK with "good but not perfect" work is a skill that will do you really well in the years to come.
I am not a perfectionist to the extent that I would be crushed by a non-A grade (throwback to Orgo), but I definitely wouldn't be able to give up or take it easy until the last minute of the course.
But you are right maybe it's the senioritis kicking in early and I need to stay at it.

My point is that you're going to be going through years of work where you need to be able to do good enough and then take it easy so you survive. The goal isn't to get a perfect score on everything.

It's to learn and move forward.

Reactions: 3 users