A little ticked about my schood selections on ADA registration for DAT

MrBeans

MrBeans
Nov 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
So, I went to register to take my DAT on the ADA website.

I finished filling out all the info, and chose my schools (I just chose 5 due to financial constraints, among other reasons), and then I paid the $225.

I made a really stupid decision by selecting Loma Linda as a school...:annoyed:

I just read on SDN that Loma Linda only selects students with a specific religious orientation (of which I am not). I feel so bummed that I wasted one of my free 5 selections... I was certain about the other 4 selected though, they were my priority schools.

I guess there's no way to change this now, huh?

I'm talking my DAT on April 3rd.

SeattleRDH

Moderator Emeritus
Mar 10, 2010
Duh
Status
no, but you can add more at $25 a pop

MrBeans

MrBeans
Nov 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Awesome! So I can add additional schools to my list even after I submitted my DAT administration request?

Can I do this after I take the DAT also?

Jul 24, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Awesome! So I can add additional schools to my list even after I submitted my DAT administration request?

Can I do this after I take the DAT also?
Yes, you can add as many as you want (for an extra fee, of course) even after the DAT is taken. You just have to go onto ADA's website and request it.

Oracle DMD

Chuck NOracle DMD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2008
San Diego
Status
Dentist
and while llu is a religious school, you don't neccesarily have to be a 7th day adventist (sp?) to go there.

SuperTank

5+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2009
Phoenix
Status
Dental Student
I just looked at predents.com, and saw that of the 22 accepted students, four went to BYU for undergrad, which is a private school primarily attended by LDS students, who, naturally, aren't 7th Day Adventists. You still have a good chance of getting into Loma Linda assuming you share their same values. Sharing their faith, however, is not a requirement.