A look back in time

FistLength

7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2012
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1992-06-09/news/9202210216_1_dentists-students-faculty-and-staff

Found this article after reading somewhere about Loyola dental school, a school I never heard of.

We are probably in a large "upswing" in dentistry, but everyone should notice that it was not always like that. It's hard to imagine dental schools closing but that was the case in 1992.

Also, I :eek: when I saw the tuition back then.

It is always a good reminder to be grateful for what you have, when you have it. I can't believe the school closed with students stranded.
    With so many new schools opening, I wonder 10 years from now the same thing will happen.

AwesomeTeeth

Feb 21, 2011
      http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1992-06-09/news/9202210216_1_dentists-students-faculty-and-staff

Found this article after reading somewhere about Loyola dental school, a school I never heard of.

We are probably in a large "upswing" in dentistry, but everyone should notice that it was not always like that. It's hard to imagine dental schools closing but that was the case in 1992.

Also, I :eek: when I saw the tuition back then.

It is always a good reminder to be grateful for what you have, when you have it. I can't believe the school closed with students stranded.
      With so many new schools opening, I wonder 10 years from now the same thing will happen.

Dental schools were closing due to the lack of quality applicants. I don't see that happening anytime in the near future, especially in the next 10 years.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.