A lull?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CremasterFlash

Born yesterday.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else who applied to a billion schools not heard anything recently?

Are there stats (as opposed to happy anecdotes) on schools' giving interviews at this point and beyond?

Does this process have established periodicity?

(seems very quiet out there)

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else who applied to a billion schools not heard anything recently?

Are there stats (as opposed to happy anecdotes) on schools' giving interviews at this point and beyond?

Does this process have established periodicity?

(seems very quiet out there)

Cremaster,

Yes. I am in this boat. The silence is deafening. But you've at least gotten a bucketload of interviews so far, right? Good job, man. I hope to follow you. I'm still waiting.

netminder

Crickets over here as well, except for the occassional "thin envelope" (A.K.A. the harbinger of death) that breaks the deafening silence.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yes, of course the Thin Envelope; I have had a few of those interrupt the crickets as well.

Oh yes, of course the Thin Envelope; I have had a few of those interrupt the crickets as well.

:laugh:

Same here, except the last thin envelope was from Penn State, telling me I was on an interview hold. Other than that... nada.

The overall lull has ended for me! I just got my first invite today (and am SO thrilled about it!) . . . and I certainly hope this is just the start of good things to come! :xf:

However, I was complete at most places later in the app season, so perhaps there is a natural lull for the earlybirds at this point. You're right in that it has seemed quite quiet recently . . . and I think I recall the same thing happening last year. And I would bet that stat-wise, less interviews go out from Dec-March than from August-Nov. What I also recall is a smaller wave of interview invites going out in January/February . . . and people being quite surprised/pleased to receive those. I have a feeling that schools perhaps table some of their already reviewed apps right now to wait for any amazing stragglers who may still be submitting. When the schools' deadlines for secondary submission pass, that's when I think they go back, re-review, and send out whatever remaining invites they plan to send.

This is all just theory, though!! I would love to be proven wrong and get a few more invites before the month is out. :p

The overall lull has ended for me! I just got my first invite today (and am SO thrilled about it!) . . . and I certainly hope this is just the start of good things to come! :xf:

However, I was complete at most places later in the app season, so perhaps there is a natural lull for the earlybirds at this point. You're right in that it has seemed quite quiet recently . . . and I think I recall the same thing happening last year. And I would bet that stat-wise, less interviews go out from Dec-March than from August-Nov. What I also recall is a smaller wave of interview invites going out in January/February . . . and people being quite surprised/pleased to receive those. I have a feeling that schools perhaps table some of their already reviewed apps right now to wait for any amazing stragglers who may still be submitting. When the schools' deadlines for secondary submission pass, that's when I think they go back, re-review, and send out whatever remaining invites they plan to send.

This is all just theory, though!! I would love to be proven wrong and get a few more invites before the month is out. :p

Congrats! Where?

Congrats! Where?

Thanks! Mizzou - my state school. :D I'm ecstatic/relieved/nervous at all once! It's Jan. 13th (assigned), so thankfully I have some time to come down off the wall and adequately prepare for this! In the meantime, my husband's birthday is tomorrow, so I think we'll make it an extra-grand celebration. :hardy:

Congrats! It's always exciting when a non-trad makes it out of pre-interview purgatory.

Congrats! It's always exciting when a non-trad makes it out of pre-interview purgatory.

nice term..pre-interview purgatory. Check out the "thin letter" e-mail below. I don't think it counts as breaking my "lull".

Funny how each school does this differently, i.e. med college of wisconsin leaves their applicants in differrent pools. Maybe the thought is that if we're left in the pool long enough we'll get cold and leave? drown?

Your application for admissions to the University of Toledo College of Medicine is still under review for an interview decision. We are scheduled to interview through mid-April and expect most interview decisions to be made by late February. The committee is working diligently to thoroughly review all of the files in a timely manner and we ask your patience as we have received a record number of applications this year. All applicants will be notified of a decision by regular mail as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Toledo. If you are no longer interested in attending UT, please let me know otherwise, it is not necessary for you to respond to this email.