A&M kingsville interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hookemhorns

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone got an interview for A&M kingsville for this year? When are they even holding interviews? Let me know if they have started sending out invites yet!

Members don't see this ad.

hookemhorns said:
has anyone got an interview for A&M kingsville for this year? When are they even holding interviews? Let me know if they have started sending out invites yet!

Review their website. All the information is there as to when they're going to send out interview invitations and acceptances.

CatSpam

yea, I look at their website almost everyday. I actually have been accepted there already (last year), but not sure if they will open bc of funding. I guess whenever they ACTUALLY start interviewing, then I will have more peace of mind they are on the right path to opening as scheduled! SO, you guys/gals let me know if anyone gets a letter soon :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
so, because you got accepted there last year then you are automatically accepted this year? :confused:

yes they accepted 30 last year and are holding their positions until they do open. I read that only 18 actually are waiting, the rest moved on or went elsewhere

cool :) so does that mean that the chances of getting in are even slimmer for people who just applied this year? they are only filling 12 spots with over 1000 applicants?

KarmRx said:
cool :) so does that mean that the chances of getting in are even slimmer for people who just applied this year? they are only filling 12 spots with over 1000 applicants?

Oh no...they will be admitting 70 students total, not 30. However, they only gave 30 students early admission into the porogram last year and out of that, 12 moved on.

KarmRx said:

What in the wide, wide world of sports are you talking about, KarmRx? They are filling a TOTAL of 70 slots for the fall convening class. If 18 are still around from last year that means 70 - 18 = 52 slots remaining to be filled from this year's applicant pool. They will invite 100 applicants to interview for those 52 slots. That's better odds than Texas Tech where they invite 220 people to fill 88 slots.

As far as the hundreds who apply, I believe most of them are hoping for a long shot, anyway. A&M's published minimum GPAs and PCATs are, you have to know, going to be far lower than those that we'll see in the applicants invited to interview. This is true for all the Pharm schools, as you know.

You must have done really well on the quantitative portion of the PCAT.

CatSpam said:
What in the wide, wide world of sports are you talking about, KarmRx? They are filling a TOTAL of 70 slots for the fall convening class. If 18 are still around from last year that means 70 - 18 = 52 slots remaining to be filled from this year's applicant pool. They will invite 100 applicants to interview for those 52 slots. That's better odds than Texas Tech where they invite 220 people to fill 88 slots.

As far as the hundreds who apply, I believe most of them are hoping for a long shot, anyway. A&M's published minimum GPAs and PCATs are, you have to know, going to be far lower than those that we'll see in the applicants invited to interview. This is true for all the Pharm schools, as you know.

You must have done really well on the quantitative portion of the PCAT.

Is the last sentence & sarcasm necessary? :rolleyes: .... but u r probably joking..

wow cat. thanks. it was an innocent question and I dont remember saying anything about GPA's. :eek: my numbers came from the earlier post that said 30 students were admitted and 18 students from the eariler class would be taking spots this year. last time I checked 30-18=12 :idea:

KarmRx said:
wow cat. thanks. it was an innocent question and I dont remember saying anything about GPA's. :eek: my numbers came from the earlier post that said 30 students were admitted and 18 students from the eariler class would be taking spots this year. last time I checked 30-18=12 :idea:

My profound apologies for my remarks. I was just playing but upon re-reading my passage I can see that it might come off a bit more corrosively than I had intended.

Let's kiss and make up.

CatSpam said:
My profound apologies for my remarks. I was just playing but upon re-reading my passage I can see that it might come off a bit more corrosively than I had intended.

Let's kiss and make up.
mmmmmuuuwaaaa (thats my kissy sound) :love: