A must read for pod students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msa786

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is an article I came across online. Not too sure what to make of it.

http://www.angelfire.com/on/podiatry/pod.html

Let the heated discussion begin.............

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
1st of all - it looks like a site ran by some whacko
2nd - the last update I see is April 7, 2000.

Oh yea - this has been discussed before. It's usually posted ~1x/year.

this is old news.

If you're scared or have doubts about podiatry, then I recommend you to get out while you're that much in debt.

Did anyone ever think that if that were the case, every year a ton of residents would be graduating with no employment, defaulting on their loans, and making a huge deal as their would be a massive outcry of fraud? Where are all of these people that fail??? Oh, wait, it's just that guy!!!

Failures love to place blame on others because it's never their fault.

wait wait so 50 hour weeks at most, earning potential of around 170-220K, surgery on trauma of not only forefoot but ankle/rearfoot, and job security are all things that are NOT TRUE and things we should all be SCARED of because they are lies and dont actually EXIST?????:scared::scared::scared::scared:

is that true? and is there anything else!!!!??!??!:eek:

Did anyone ever think that if that were the case, every year a ton of residents would be graduating with no employment, defaulting on their loans, and making a huge deal as their would be a massive outcry of fraud? Where are all of these people that fail??? Oh, wait, it's just that guy!!!

Failures love to place blame on others because it's never their fault.

you are much more encouraging than that other guy! thank you and you seem to be a more reliable source of info as well :thumbup:

wait wait so 50 hour weeks at most, earning potential of around 170-220K, surgery on trauma of not only forefoot but ankle/rearfoot, and job security are all things that are NOT TRUE and things we should all be SCARED of because they are lies and dont actually EXIST?????:scared::scared::scared::scared:

is that true? and is there anything else!!!!??!??!:eek:
Calm down, I think he was messing with you man.

Here is an article I came across online. Not too sure what to make of it.

http://www.angelfire.com/on/podiatry/pod.html

Let the heated discussion begin.............

Hey I read that article too a long while ago and it gave me some doubts about podiatry, until i shadowed like 5 pods who are doing fantastic, and our 2 family docs encouraged me to go into podiatry. The thing is, the same type of article could be written about any health profession. Im sure that guy just settled down in the wrong place. Its probably that simple. Or else he just sucked at being a podiatrist. He also sounds like an extremely negative person to begin with, and those types of people are not reliable anyway.

can you be sure?

lol

Calm down! If this profession was going downhill, then how come all the pods I have encountered were so happy and joyful?

Maybe! they all graduated at the top of their classes and got really bombass residencies. WHO KNOWS?

But! If I was ranked at the bottom of the barrel, I would be scared. :scared:

yeah bottom of the barrel would suck but then again if you get to grad school its worth it to make it your life so you can get the most out of it to get those bombass residencies!!!!!!

That's over 10yrs old... it has been discussed.

Oh sorry I should have done a search before starting this thread.:oops:

Oh sorry I should have done a search before starting this thread.:oops:
It's no big deal. No need to apologize.

As birdie linked, this old pessimistic site gets brought up every year or so. You aren't the first and won't be the last :)