a note on the WL info thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

Katie

Hi, guys. Apparently, there has been some confusion and some people have been feeling uncomfortable about the information posted on the waitlist information thread by myself and a few others, but particularly by me. I apologize for any bad feelings caused by the thread and hope that a few clarifications will resolve the issue;) :

1)I am not, nor have ever been, an official pre-med advisor at any US or Canadian university at any time. I apologize for anything I said that may have caused someone to have this misimpression. As I tried to say on the thread, I am a second-year medical student who wanted to offer information on the trends in waitlist movement I have seen through information obtained through watching what goes on on SDN for 2 years during the summer and through my classmates (many who were waitlisted, like myself, at a number of schools). Therefore, the info I provided is usually reasonably accurate but not perfect, just like any other information posted by pre-meds/med students on here. you might want to talk to a pre-med advisor at your school (or another school) to see if he/she has more detailed information on WL movement at a given school.

2)The thread was NOT intended to discourage or hurt anyone's feelings, quite the opposite in fact. I remember sitting on 6 waitlist in July 2001 thinking that I had no chance and had lost all hope. I wish that someone had told me even somewhat accurate information about any of the schools that had me on hold, but most of what I found on SDN consisted of posts from this guy with a 39 MCAT who was accepted in October telling people that at all schools the waitlist movement had pretty much stopped and not to have hope (and no, he was not a pre-med advisor). So, I would like to think that I am doing just the opposite.

3)Just a friendly reminder that if anyone remains uncomfortable about the WL thread and feels that it should be removed from the board, that you can write to a moderator to tell them this. This is true of all other threads.

OK, sorry for rambling. once again, apologies for any problems, and best of luck! I have an exam block coming up b4 the holiday, so I prob. won't be on here too much over the next few days, but Happy Holidays too...:cool:

Members don't see this ad.