A probably obvious FAFSA question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmitrinyr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I am waitlisted at a school, do I submit fafsa in the case that I get off waiting list.

Also, in that case. What happens if you get off waiting list in june or july. How do you get your financial situation taken care off? Do you have to contact the school and their financial aid department?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It costs nothing to file FAFSA...and when I was applying..there were a few schools I was undecided upon, so I filed for all of them.
If you don't file till summer...it will back up all of your stuff..and starting medical school is hectic enough....why complicate things any more???

You'll be thankful when you get in, and it is all done..

TRUST ME!!!

So, I should file fafsa now?

How many schools do they allow you to put in?

Right now, I am waitlisted at one school and 3 schools so far haven't responded to me (I am still under review there). Should I list all of these schools as possible schools that I might attend?

This might be a bit stupid, but I am accepted to attend a caribbean medical school, can I add this school or is fafsa support for students only attending US schools?

If I file fafsa by a certain date, am I assured some sort of support from the govt?

Thanks

dmitri

Yes, file FAFSA now and include all those schools. You will need to have you 2003 income tax return completed or estimated. Some Carribean schools are eligible for federal aid and some are not. Contact the financial aid office at that school to determine their procedure for applying for financial aid.

As long as your FAFSA is complete by June 30, 2005 (yes, that is correct, 2005) you will be eligible for Stafford loans for the 2004-2005 school year. These loans are not based on credit or need, only on citizenship status.