• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

dmitrinyr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If I am waitlisted at a school, do I submit fafsa in the case that I get off waiting list.

Also, in that case. What happens if you get off waiting list in june or july. How do you get your financial situation taken care off? Do you have to contact the school and their financial aid department?

Thanks

Yosh

Livin' in the WINDY CITY
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 25, 1999
NW Indiana
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
It costs nothing to file FAFSA...and when I was applying..there were a few schools I was undecided upon, so I filed for all of them.
If you don't file till summer...it will back up all of your stuff..and starting medical school is hectic enough....why complicate things any more???

You'll be thankful when you get in, and it is all done..

TRUST ME!!!

dmitrinyr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
So, I should file fafsa now?

How many schools do they allow you to put in?

Right now, I am waitlisted at one school and 3 schools so far haven't responded to me (I am still under review there). Should I list all of these schools as possible schools that I might attend?

This might be a bit stupid, but I am accepted to attend a caribbean medical school, can I add this school or is fafsa support for students only attending US schools?

If I file fafsa by a certain date, am I assured some sort of support from the govt?

Thanks

dmitri

mpp

SDN Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2001
Portland, OR
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Yes, file FAFSA now and include all those schools. You will need to have you 2003 income tax return completed or estimated. Some Carribean schools are eligible for federal aid and some are not. Contact the financial aid office at that school to determine their procedure for applying for financial aid.

As long as your FAFSA is complete by June 30, 2005 (yes, that is correct, 2005) you will be eligible for Stafford loans for the 2004-2005 school year. These loans are not based on credit or need, only on citizenship status.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.