A question about 2 AAMC IDs

Started by JohnSuits
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JohnSuits

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I registered for the MCAT with an AAMCID, the MCAT I scheduled for is next week.

After registering, I had made another AAMCID (with another email) to check which other dates were available, so it has a partly filled application with my info in it, but I never booked an MCAT with this second account, I didn't even reserve a spot with it or anything like that. I recently learned that you can't have two AAMCIDs.

I know you can request to merge the two IDs, and I don't think I've done anything wrong since I never booked an additional MCAT with the second account, but I was still kinda worried. Would it in anyway be possible that this second account could affect the MCAT I'm registered for right now (like, at the testing center or something? This is my first MCAT so I'm not too familiar with the procedure). I plan on submitting a request to get the two accounts merged, but just wanted to know if I was in the wrong in anyway. Wouldn't want it affecting the MCAT I'm registered for at the moment.

Thanks!