A question about cat inhalers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyman1337

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently my cat was diagnosed with asthma and 2 days ago we received his inhaler(which i think is pretty cute) in the mail. He was first prescribed some oral steroids and then once we received the inhaler and medication he would be weened off the oral steroids. I noticed that one of the two prescribed inhalants still had steroids in it and thought that a continued use of steroids would eventually be bad for the cat. Is the steroid inhalant supposed to be used for life, or should it be weened off and the non steroidal "albuterol sulfate" be his only one? Any input would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Recently my cat was diagnosed with asthma and 2 days ago we received his inhaler(which i think is pretty cute) in the mail. He was first prescribed some oral steroids and then once we received the inhaler and medication he would be weened off the oral steroids. I noticed that one of the two prescribed inhalants still had steroids in it and thought that a continued use of steroids would eventually be bad for the cat. Is the steroid inhalant supposed to be used for life, or should it be weened off and the non steroidal "albuterol sulfate" be his only one? Any input would be greatly appreciated

Please consult with your veterinarian. SDN is not for medical advice. closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.