A question about Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kjoohyung

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody received a letter from Columbia concerning admission in this week??

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody received a letter from Columbia concerning admission in this week??

I am waitlisted. I received a letter from them yesterday because I live in NY....

Anyway, good luck.

sayilo when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them on Friday, and they said that they're continuing to send out notices every week. They told me that my letter hasn't been sent yet, which doesn't sound good since I think a lot of acceptances were sent out already. It doesn't seem very promising if you haven't received any notification from them yet.....

there's still hope for everybody!!

i got an mid-sized manila envelope yesterday! contained an acceptance with 2 (brief) hand written notes from the dean and somebody else.

however i previously emailed them around tuesday on the 16th to check my status, and received a prompt reply the next day saying they created a "letter" on the 12th and mailed it on the 15th... i was really nervous and was already accepting a waitlist/rejection because 1. people on this forum have been saying that if you didn't receive anything early dec. then it's probably a waitlist/rejection so i was sad this whole week. 2. the email said a "letter" which i interpreted to be 1 piece of paper with a rejection.

i heard they are processing letters each week, so i'm guessing they may send out something this monday. good luck! :luck:

oh had my interview in november btw.

i was accepted on wednesday after interviewing on the 5th

Anyone hear anything from columbia recently? I remember on my interview (Dec.12th) Dr. McManus said that we would hear something back after Jan.15th but so far nothing yet for me.....anyone else ?

Anyone hear anything from columbia recently? I remember on my interview (Dec.12th) Dr. McManus said that we would hear something back after Jan.15th but so far nothing yet for me.....anyone else ?

Bump.

I was wondering the same thing. I interviewed in pre-Dec 1st, but was waitlisted, so I wanted to know if they've sent out more acceptances since Jan 15th. When I called last week, it sounded as if they had, but I know for sure that I didn't get anything. I didn't want to push too hard for them to clarify how exactly this all works since I had already given the lady my name. :D

So if anyone at all has heard something from Columbia post-Jan 15th, let us know!!!

Btw, that food looks amazing! It makes me want to go run to Hatims right now.

Oh I just checked predents.com and a couple of the people accepted show Jan. 26 as their date of acceptance. I wonder if they're from post-Dec 1st, the waitlist, or if it doesn't matter.

I interviewed pre-Dec 1 and didn't hear anything until I received my acceptance this week. :D It was sent out Jan 22 so hopefully some of you will hear positive news soon!:xf: