A Question about 'Getting' Interviews!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beatrix

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've applied to several schools and as of yet I've only gotten one interview, which I have tomorrow.

My question is, should I be calling the schools to ask about my interview status? Or should I just sit back and keep waiting?

After looking through all the threads here and seeing that so many of you guys have already interviewed makes me feel like I'm not getting any more. :(

And when you do get an interview, are you always notified on the phone? Or through email as well?

Members don't see this ad.

For the 3 interviews I've had, they were all through email. If the school is interested in contacting you, they should have every means available (email, phone number, etc). I'm sure you could call and find out your status, but be prepared for the rejection if you haven't heard from them yet. Just try to relax and do wicked on the interview you have. That'll help you in the long run.

For the 3 interviews I've had, they were all through email. If the school is interested in contacting you, they should have every means available (email, phone number, etc). I'm sure you could call and find out your status, but be prepared for the rejection if you haven't heard from them yet. Just try to relax and do wicked on the interview you have. That'll help you in the long run.

Good advice! You can look to see if the school publishes on its website or application instructions/packet when they expect to have their interview decisions made.

Members don't see this ad :)
My invites were by phone, email, and letter. Each school has their own way. Calling them won't get you the interview. They will probably say something like, "your application is actively being reviewed." And will leave you right where you started.

Your number one priority at this point is knocking tomorrows interview out of the park.
They want to accept you, they want to let you in, remember that. Just give them all the reasons they need to do so.

Now go out there and show them why your the one they want.

My invites were by phone, email, and letter. Each school has their own way. Calling them won't get you the interview. They will probably say something like, "your application is actively being reviewed." And will leave you right where you started.

Your number one priority at this point is knocking tomorrows interview out of the park.
They want to accept you, they want to let you in, remember that. Just give them all the reasons they need to do so.

Now go out there and show them why your the one they want.
Nelson makes a very good point. Focus on the interview that you have, because it very well may be the only one you get. Go into that interview as positive as you can because like he said they WANT to accept you. Be as honest as you can to the questions that are asked and ask ask ask questions. Most of the time when the adcom asks if there are any questions, most kids will just sit there with a dumb look on their face. My only advice is to NOT be that kid. Chat it up and make them believe that their school is a perfect match for you and that you have a bunch to offer the school in return. Good luck