a question about interviews in general

Started by zellyen
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zellyen

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do people tend to go with a portfolio where they put their CV's, awards, accomplishments, works (ie: if you're an artist, a few pieces of your artwork) etc just in case?

i ask some people but got mixed answers so yea...

thanks
 
You don't really need to bring anything at all, except maybe a pen. At all of my interviews, they gave us folders to hold the info they give you. I brought a padfolio to take notes and hold copies of my app and other papers (to review before the day started and just in case they wanted to see it). I never used it (except to take notes at one school during their info session) and didn't need to bring it. Don't worry.
 
do people tend to go with a portfolio where they put their CV's, awards, accomplishments, works (ie: if you're an artist, a few pieces of your artwork) etc just in case?

i ask some people but got mixed answers so yea...

thanks

I've been to 5 interviews, I never saw anyone do any of this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took a padfolio as well to my interviews but I never really used it, aside from just putting in papers they gave to us on interview days. Also, I never really saw anybody else who brought anything.
 
I never even brought a pen. I meant to, but kinda dropped the ball but it made no difference.
 
I went to 4 interviews and have 3 invites so far and I went with nothing more than a passport photo. Bringing a pen and a notepad isn't a bad idea for the financial aide portion.....but a portfolio is just overkill.