A question for reapplicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LMJ614

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you didn't get accepted the first time (or second or third) how did you deal with feeling like you let people down? I'm wondering because as a first time applicant I'm realizing how many people you get involved with the application process. Besides family and friends you have professors, advisers, dentists, people you do research with, people you volunteer for etc. You get the idea.

Members don't see this ad.

People would be sorry to hear you didn't get accepted for the current cycle but I doubt they'll lose sleep over it. Just smile and say it didn't work out for you this time but you'd appreciate if they could hold on to their letters for next time.

I just don't brag about I am going to be dentist until I am actually accepted. Until then, I pretend to be a lazy bum.

People would be sorry to hear you didn't get accepted for the current cycle but I doubt they'll lose sleep over it. Just smile and say it didn't work out for you this time but you'd appreciate if they could hold on to their letters for next time.

:thumbup: