Mar 30, 2010
Status
Medical Student
I need someone to give me an approximate percentage on each subject according to their most number of questions asked in the past or some pattern that tells that which subject is most important and which is least.

Anatomy
Behavioral Science
Biochemistry
Medical Genetics
Microbiology/ Immunology
Pathology
Pharmacology
Physiology

Plz give a percentage out of 100%

Thank you...

Mar 30, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Can you be more specific please. I intend to use Kaplan, is First Aid something similar to it? if so can you just give me a rough idea over the subject?

username456789

7+ Year Member
May 24, 2009
Status
Attending Physician
Can you be more specific please. I intend to use Kaplan, is First Aid something similar to it? if so can you just give me a rough idea over the subject?
http://www.amazon.com/First-Aid-USMLE-Step-2010/dp/0071633405

First Aid is a road map of sorts for anyone that's taking the USMLE Step I exam. It's not all-inclusive, but it's an exceptional outline of the bulk of the information covered on the exam. I would think it would be especially important for a foreign medical student such as yourself, as the curriculum may vary in India (I have no idea to what extent it might).

I (and just about anyone) would highly recommend you purchase this book to use as a guide during your studies for the Step I exam.

Mar 30, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Thank you...Will do

vicinihil

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The general mantra running around on these boards is this...the biggest 3 are your 3 P's

Phys
Path
Pharm

Everything else is mid yield (Biochem) to some that are low yield but when you get here you start getting some random questions that you may or may not know depending on how much you study (embryology).