A question regarding loan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pumpUup

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I completed FAFSA and all the steps on the financial aid checklist.
I just recieved an email saying that my Stafford Subsidized loan application has been rejected.

What should i do:(

Members don't see this ad.

I completed FAFSA and all the steps on the financial aid checklist.
I just recieved an email saying that my Stafford Subsidized loan application has been rejected.
What should i do:(
I had completed everything as well, but just got an e-mail saying that due to Obamacare, dental schools can no longer participate in the "school-as-lender" program. From what I've read, it seems that if you have your loans through a private institution like Sallie Mae, or whatever, they are no longer authorized to give you the loan. You have to restart the whole process by going to www.studentloans.gov. I am pretty sure this information applies to all of us. My deadline is apparently Friday, so I would suggest looking into it pretty soon. Hope that helps!

what?!? when did you fill out your fafsa? is there any particular reason that you may have been rejected? ie you are a felon or anything of this sort?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had completed everything as well, but just got an e-mail saying that due to Obamacare, dental schools can no longer participate in the "school-as-lender" program. From what I've read, it seems that if you have your loans through a private institution like Sallie Mae, or whatever, they are no longer authorized to give you the loan. You have to restart the whole process by going to www.studentloans.gov. I am pretty sure this information applies to all of us. My deadline is apparently Friday, so I would suggest looking into it pretty soon. Hope that helps!

You are absolutely right. I just got an email regarding Obamacare and I need to reapply for loan. What school do you go to? Friday is tomorrow, are you sure you only got this short amount of time to fix this issue? I wonder if MWU also got it due on Friday. I gotta shake my legs.

are you guys talking about dental school loan? Wow what if you can't get the right loan? bye bye dental school???????

You are absolutely right. I just got an email regarding Obamacare and I need to reapply for loan. What school do you go to? Friday is tomorrow, are you sure you only got this short amount of time to fix this issue? I wonder if MWU also got it due on Friday. I gotta shake my legs.

I'm going to Midwestern... however, the April 2 date was there months ago, and I wonder if they will allow us more time due to the short notice... read through the financial aid info on the site, and you should find what you need. My problem is that after filling out the MPN for Stafford loans and Plus loans, it won't let me input the amount I want for plus loans. I'm not going to take the $53,000 they offer, I need less than that, but I don't know how to request it.

are you guys talking about dental school loan? Wow what if you can't get the right loan? bye bye dental school???????

Yes, thee are the stafford and grad plus loans... you probably have to deal with it too, I would imagine.

So why I have not received the rejection notice?

So why I have not received the rejection notice?

I'm not sure... according to Midwestern's website, it only affected schools that were participating in the "school as lender" program.

I'm going to Midwestern... however, the April 2 date was there months ago, and I wonder if they will allow us more time due to the short notice... read through the financial aid info on the site, and you should find what you need. My problem is that after filling out the MPN for Stafford loans and Plus loans, it won't let me input the amount I want for plus loans. I'm not going to take the $53,000 they offer, I need less than that, but I don't know how to request it.

Oh no!!! we go to the same school (I am not saying oh no in a way that i don't like u, LOL, i meant oh no...that means mine is also due on friday!!!)

Did you call school and asked if the due date for loan application is postponed or is it still tomorrow?

so for those of you who got your federal loans rejected, what are you going to do? I assume many of you don't have rich parents who are willing to cough up 250k for 4 years of education

Ok, I just called MWU to find out exactly what I need to do.
1st of all, it seems all the MWU class of 2014 who followed 5 steps under portal must repeat step 4 and 5.
Go to the link given, use pin number in case u don't have one (I assume that you already have it by now if you completed FAFSA on the previous step), and then you are logged in.
Once you log in, submit MPN and then reapply for direct loan and grad plus loan.

This is due in 2 weeks so hurry up guys.

Do state schools fall under this category?

Hey SuperTank
I just read that you submitted your financial application for MWU again.
I went to the link and submitted MPN for both direct student loan and Grad Plus loan.

However, I don't know how to apply for student loan and grad plus loan. All I did was submitting 2 MPN for those two types of loans.

Could you please tell me how you apply for these loans?

Thanks.

Hey SuperTank
I just read that you submitted your financial application for MWU again.
I went to the link and submitted MPN for both direct student loan and Grad Plus loan.

However, I don't know how to apply for student loan and grad plus loan. All I did was submitting 2 MPN for those two types of loans.

Could you please tell me how you apply for these loans?

Thanks.
Did anyone solve this problem yet?