1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

A Really Silly Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by BirkChick, Jul 24, 2006.

1. BirkChick

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Since I am a non-tranditional predent with no support group other than these forums, I have a goofy question for y'all:

How do you say AADSAS? When you refer to it, do you spell it out (ex: "A-A-D-S-A-S"), or do you say it phonetically (ex: "Add-sas")?

Same question for the DAT. Do you spell it out, just like the "S-A-T", or do you say it phonetically, ala the "M-CAT"?

Thanks! :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. prez_al

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    AADSAS = Add Sas
    DAT = "Dats" (ppl in Canada call it that) or "D-A-T"
    PAT = "Pat"

It's a good question, you don't want to sound silly talking to admissions ppl on the phone. Like if they somehow interview you, that'll be MESSED!

3. OP
    OP
    BirkChick

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Thanks!

And you hit the nail on the head as to why I was asking the question. I know that if someone told me that they were taking the "L-S-A-T" or the "sats", I would look at them funny! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 54807

54807 Guest
    2+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    lol

I look at people who say DAT as "dats" goofy....I just know it as the DAT...like the SAT. Just my arizona way of doing things I guess!

5. ObviousGuy

ObviousGuy Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I always said it this way:

'Adds Ass'

and for the tests:

'DAT'
    'EM-CAT'
    'ELL-SAT'

I always thought of my bottle of Jack Daniels as my second support group, FYI. It can be a better friend than SDN. :laugh:

6. jaerob

jaerob Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I've never heard PAT = "Pat".. PAT = "P-A-T" for me. :)

7. ElCubanito

ElCubanito Member
    7+ Year Member

Its doesn't matter just as long as you do a good job and get good scores. Just worry about pronouncing "thirty overall"