BirkChick

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2006
Status
Dental Student
Since I am a non-tranditional predent with no support group other than these forums, I have a goofy question for y'all:

How do you say AADSAS? When you refer to it, do you spell it out (ex: "A-A-D-S-A-S"), or do you say it phonetically (ex: "Add-sas")?

Same question for the DAT. Do you spell it out, just like the "S-A-T", or do you say it phonetically, ala the "M-CAT"?

Thanks! :p

prez_al

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
BirkChick said:
Since I am a non-tranditional predent with no support group other than these forums, I have a goofy question for y'all:

How do you say AADSAS? When you refer to it, do you spell it out (ex: "A-A-D-S-A-S"), or do you say it phonetically (ex: "Add-sas")?

Same question for the DAT. Do you spell it out, just like the "S-A-T", or do you say it phonetically, ala the "M-CAT"?

Thanks! :p
AADSAS = Add Sas
DAT = "Dats" (ppl in Canada call it that) or "D-A-T"
PAT = "Pat"

It's a good question, you don't want to sound silly talking to admissions ppl on the phone. Like if they somehow interview you, that'll be MESSED!

OP
BirkChick

BirkChick

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2006
Status
Dental Student
Thanks!

And you hit the nail on the head as to why I was asking the question. I know that if someone told me that they were taking the "L-S-A-T" or the "sats", I would look at them funny! :)

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2004
Status
Academic Administration
BirkChick said:
Thanks!

And you hit the nail on the head as to why I was asking the question. I know that if someone told me that they were taking the "L-S-A-T" or the "sats", I would look at them funny! :)
lol

I look at people who say DAT as "dats" goofy....I just know it as the DAT...like the SAT. Just my arizona way of doing things I guess!

ObviousGuy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I always said it this way:

'Adds Ass'

and for the tests:

'DAT'
'EM-CAT'
'ELL-SAT'

I always thought of my bottle of Jack Daniels as my second support group, FYI. It can be a better friend than SDN. :laugh:

jaerob

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2004
Status
prez_al said:
AADSAS = Add Sas
DAT = "Dats" (ppl in Canada call it that) or "D-A-T"
PAT = "Pat"

It's a good question, you don't want to sound silly talking to admissions ppl on the phone. Like if they somehow interview you, that'll be MESSED!
I've never heard PAT = "Pat".. PAT = "P-A-T" for me. :)

ElCubanito

10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2006
Status
Its doesn't matter just as long as you do a good job and get good scores. Just worry about pronouncing "thirty overall"