A second deposit to another school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

holachica!

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

If I paid deposit to B school, do I have to immediately notify school A that I am declining their offer of acceptance?
According to ADEA, it seems like I have to tell the schools immediately at this point of time.
Does anyone have any experience about this?
Thank you!

ADEA says:
  • Applicants Holding Positions at Multiple Institutions. Dental schools participating in ADEA AADSAS will report to ADEA AADSAS by March 1 the names of candidates who hold a position in their entering class. After March 5, ADEA AADSAS will report to each institution the names of candidates in their entering class who are holding acceptance(s) at additional institutions (only names are reported with no other additional information). The process for candidates holding multiple positions is as follows:
    1. Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on March 1 of the year of admission will contact such candidates and give the candidates a minimum fifteen-day notice to affirm their position in the class or to withdraw their position.
    2. If the candidate does not respond within the allotted notification time frame, the dental school may choose to withdraw the candidate from the entering class.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you set on attending school B? If so, then just send an email to school A saying that you have decided to attend another school and thank them for the opportunity

Hello everyone!

If I paid deposit to B school, do I have to immediately notify school A that I am declining their offer of acceptance?
According to ADEA, it seems like I have to tell the schools immediately at this point of time.
Does anyone have any experience about this?
Thank you!

ADEA says:
  • Applicants Holding Positions at Multiple Institutions. Dental schools participating in ADEA AADSAS will report to ADEA AADSAS by March 1 the names of candidates who hold a position in their entering class. After March 5, ADEA AADSAS will report to each institution the names of candidates in their entering class who are holding acceptance(s) at additional institutions (only names are reported with no other additional information). The process for candidates holding multiple positions is as follows:
    1. Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on March 1 of the year of admission will contact such candidates and give the candidates a minimum fifteen-day notice to affirm their position in the class or to withdraw their position.
    2. If the candidate does not respond within the allotted notification time frame, the dental school may choose to withdraw the candidate from the entering class.
Why wouldn't you? I'd tell school A sooner rather than later so that 1) someone else gets a chance, and 2) so that school B doesn't think you're going to school A because you have deposits at both places, which both schools will know about since AADSAS notifies them.