Quantcast

A unique course created by a NJ DO student

Achieve USMLE Step PREP Success | Picmonic
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GimpGenius

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It really isn't. Unless the ACGME lets something like this count for application to osteopathically focused residencies.

hallowmann

Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    I have a feeling courses like these (only not free) will start popping up all over to fulfill the "osteopathic requirement" for MDs that want to apply. I've actually heard from a handful of MD students (mainly ones interested in Sports Med or PM&R) that they wanted to learn some OMT. If it's easy and fits in the time of a rotation, I wouldn't be surprised if some people take advantage of it as like an elective or something.

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
    10+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    I have a feeling courses like these (only not free) will start popping up all over to fulfill the "osteopathic requirement" for MDs that want to apply. I've actually heard from a handful of MD students (mainly ones interested in Sports Med or PM&R) that they wanted to learn some OMT. If it's easy and fits in the time of a rotation, I wouldn't be surprised if some people take advantage of it as like an elective or something.

I think there will be enough formerly pure ACGME now osteopathically recognized ACGME that will waive MDs of the requirement for previous training and teach the stuff they feel necessary in house.