A useful book for inflammatory skin disease?

Started by Patho2009
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Patho2009

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I usually struggle with inflammatory skin lesions. I wonder about a useful book on this topic ..note that I look for an easily read one..not those monstrous skin books!!).
 
Last edited:
I too hated dermpath, and found the best book for non-skin lovers was by Rapini. i think the title is "practical dermatopathology" or something close to that. it covers both neoplastic and non-neoplastic dermpath. has ddx for each thing, a fair number of pics,and is very readable for those of us who don't worship Bernard Ackerman.
 
Histologic Diagnosis of Inflammatory Skin Diseases: An Algorithmic Method Based on Pattern Analysis by Ackerman.

Find someone who has it and photocopy the algorithm diagrams out of it. They are a useful study guide and are also a handy reference to have while signing out.