A verbal quest

Started by cimdy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cimdy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's from one PCAT sample test.
What's the word advertently equivalent to?
Ichose suggestively and forgot all other choices since they all sound unfamiliar to me.
Do you think I am correct?
 
It's from one PCAT sample test.
What's the word advertently equivalent to?
Ichose suggestively and forgot all other choices since they all sound unfamiliar to me.
Do you think I am correct?

No.

How can we answer that without knowing what the other choices were? I'd say it was probably incorrect because inadvertently means unintentionally, involuntarily, accidentally, unconsciously, by accident, by mistake, and the antonym listed was "purposely."

Do you not have a thesaurus handy?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad