A word of warning when taking the DAT, don't make this mistake.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DAT Destroyer

Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please be very careful when taking the DAT exam and read the tutorial, do NOT skip it. 2 of my students taking the exam recently made the same mistake and clicked finish after completing the Biology section and the test skipped right to the PAT without being allowed to finish the GC or Orgo. I did call the ADA and it was not a computer cliche that stated the student apparently did not read through the tutorial and even though was given a warning about finishing did not heed the warning and clicked finish, this just happened today.

The student contacted the ADA not sure what the outcome will be. My advice is to avoid the potential of making this mistake, read the tutorial. The other option is to take the DAT Test Drive before the exam, IMO it is money well spent

Hope this helps a student avoid this mistake.

Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I was asked to post the outcome of this situation and here it is. The ADA is allowing the student to retake the exam and the first test will not be counted against him. He will have to pay for the exam again and will be scheduled to take it again in approx 2 weeks.

Learn from this student mistake and make sure to read the tutorial at the beginning of the test or what I always recommend to all my students is the Test drive offered at the testing center.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was asked to post the outcome of this situation and here it is. The ADA is allowing the student to retake the exam and the first test will not be counted against him. He will have to pay for the exam again and will be scheduled to take it again in approx 2 weeks.

Learn from this student mistake and make sure to read the tutorial at the beginning of the test or what I always recommend to all my students is the Test drive offered at the testing center.

That is lucky!! So happy that the attempt will not be counted against him