You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So this is what we're distracting ourselves with today, eh
Wait a minute, are you tryna tell me there's more to SDN than just the pre-allo and allo forums 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This prompted me to look more into SDN. Did you guys know that SDN actually stands for Student Doctor Network?? I always assumed it was "So Doctor? No." to reflect all the dream shattering in this process.
D
deleted994397
WOAH. NO WAY!This prompted me to look more into SDN. Did you guys know that SDN actually stands for Student Doctor Network?? I always assumed it was "So Doctor? No." to reflect all the dream shattering in this process.
9
907914
After looking into it more, did you guys know that the “LizzyM” score IS NAMED AFTER A PERSON!?!This prompted me to look more into SDN. Did you guys know that SDN actually stands for Student Doctor Network?? I always assumed it was "So Doctor? No." to reflect all the dream shattering in this process.
Factoid: Our member, LizzyM, is the point of origin of the metric, but SDN has now trademarked the term with her permission.After looking into it more, did you guys know that the “LizzyM” score IS NAMED AFTER A PERSON!?!
Last edited:
9
907914
That...is kinda cool, actually.Factoid: Our member, LizzyM, is the point of origen of the metric, but SDN has now trademarked the term with her permission.
Kinda being sarcastic but I never really noticed all the stuff outside of the forums.
If you upgrade your account, you can change your name: https://forums.studentdoctor.net/account/upgradesMaybe it’ll be how to change this dumb username from 2 years ago lol
Oops lmfao it was for a custom title, not username. my badWait how?
There’s a lot that happens behind the scenes and quite a few people work very hard (in their free time, on top of their regular jobs, many of them as physicians, vets, residents, students other healthcare workers) to keep SDN as relevant and useful as possible (not referring to myself! I barely do anything lmao).
One other part of the site people should check out once they are able to is the physician and subspecialty forums. There’s a lot of good info there about many of the specialties and subspecialties and discussions which may still be relevant to students once they are on the med school end.
There’s also a few tools which SDN maintains. The old mdapplicants site was also absorbed by SDN some time ago.
One other part of the site people should check out once they are able to is the physician and subspecialty forums. There’s a lot of good info there about many of the specialties and subspecialties and discussions which may still be relevant to students once they are on the med school end.
There’s also a few tools which SDN maintains. The old mdapplicants site was also absorbed by SDN some time ago.
Ok, this is actually uncannily relevant but I finally figured out another SDN mystery after reading the quote in your sig: why your bio says "will walk rope for sandwich"There’s a lot that happens behind the scenes and quite a few people work very hard (in their free time, on top of their regular jobs, many of them as physicians, vets, residents, students other healthcare workers) to keep SDN as relevant and useful as possible (not referring to myself! I barely do anything lmao).
One other part of the site people should check out once they are able to is the physician and subspecialty forums. There’s a lot of good info there about many of the specialties and subspecialties and discussions which may still be relevant to students once they are on the med school end.
There’s also a few tools which SDN maintains. The old mdapplicants site was also absorbed by SDN some time ago.
WTH is WARS though?Factoid: Our member, LizzyM, is the point of origen of the metric, but SDN has now trademarked the term with her permission.
Y’ALL ARE WELCOME
Stay tuned to see what amazing thing google12 will find next.
Maybe it’ll be how to change this dumb username from 2 years ago lol
Hahaha
Curious as to what was driving the username choice

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WTH is WARS though?
WedgeDawg's Applicant Rating System (Updated for 2026-2027)
Link to WARS 2026-2027 Application Cycle Calculator The WedgeDawg Applicant Rating System has been updated for 2026-2027 and is available at WARS 2026-2027 Medical School List Builder (Beta Test) | Student Doctor Network. Latest spreadsheet version is 1.3 (Released January 2017) Collaborator...
One resource of SDN that is vastly underused is the Interview Feedback section.Kinda being sarcastic but I never really noticed all the stuff outside of the forums. As an applicant (and someone spending an unhealthy amount of time here to check school threads lol) I just noticed the sidebar to articles, resources, etc.
EDIT: I also just realized that “Dr” is highlighted within the SDN logo. Can you notice how observant I am when I’m not obsessing over school threads![]()
Factoid: Our member, LizzyM, is the point of origen of the metric, but SDN has now trademarked the term with her permission.
Does she receive royalties every time it is used or mentioned?
Somehow I doubt it. But one could dream.Does she receive royalties every time it is used or mentioned?

LMFAOHow do you think I feel. I couldn't think of a name so I just looked at the first thing on my desk
Do tell...?Ok, this is actually uncannily relevant but I finally figured out another SDN mystery after reading the quote in your sig: why your bio says "will walk rope for sandwich"
Do tell...?
Journal of Clinical Investigation article about medical admissions
Hi everyone, I know I am getting notorious for my pro-science threads, apologies for that. I just thought this article would be an interesting read: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC153774/
The faculty/ad com members seem to have assigned shifts for patrolling the pre-allo boards in order to provide timely expert advice and head off hot headed posting.
I have inferred this from my Sherlock Holmesian observations . . .
Now that’s dedication on their part!
I have inferred this from my Sherlock Holmesian observations . . .
Now that’s dedication on their part!
Lucca wants to be a physician scientist and his signature has a quote from Med Ed talking about how wanting to be a physician scientist is like walking a tightrope in pursuit of a ham sandwich. His description under his name references that quote.Do tell...?
The faculty/ad com members seem to have assigned shifts for patrolling the pre-allo boards in order to provide timely expert advice and head off hot headed posting.
I have inferred this from my Sherlock Holmesian observations . . .
Now that’s dedication on their part!
Really? Some of them seem to be on here more than others
Really? Some of them seem to be on here more than others
True. I just assumed that some choose to take on more board patrol duty.