-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
a
Started by pregnantpanda1
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
zigzagzinger
Full Member
Lots of schools have rural tracks— off the top of my head I remember Maryland, WVU, Colorado, and tufts (I’m east coast based). I think of all the schools I applied to WVU had the strongest rural health focus overall but they only take people with ties to the area (as far as I can tell) so just be wary of that!
The top programs (including urban ones) like individuals who want to be leaders in rural medicine. Rural app here with acceptances to three T15. Apply to any program that looks appealing. UVA is a definite must.Hey guys, so my application has a strong rural focus. I have pretty good stats so looking to apply to some top 20-30 schools that I would fit well with. Wondering if anyone knows if any med schools have rural specific programs, or interest in helping rural health inequties. Schools I am looking at include Vanderbilt, John Hopkins, Mayo, etc. So if anyone out there knows of anything I would really appreciate the help! Any information at all.
Thanks
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kangler024
Full Member
Look into Columbia-Bassett!! Really great program.
D
deleted1201071
Baylor and UW have rural focus campuses but it’s tough to get into either OOS.
same with Minnesota!Baylor and UW have rural focus campuses but it’s tough to get into either OOS.
pregnantpanda1
New Member
a
Last edited:
UNC and MCG have rural-focused clinical campuses if you have ties to either of those. Kentucky has a rural track that seems more OOS friendly and I second Colorado’s program. Texas A&M also has a rural focus. U of South Carolina (Columbia) has a rural clinical program as well that sounded great!
kangler024
Full Member
No sadly, I just have a friend who is going to be starting there this year! They seem extremely excited about it, and have been ranting and raving about the program so it's def a great option 🙂Hey just wondering, did you go to school there? The program looks like exactly what I am looing for!
check out the UCSF-PRIME program as well!
Dartmouth has a program in rural health, too.
Add Tufts to the list
curlydoctor
Full Member
I second UNC! amazing school that definitely appreciates a focus on rural communities. also not at all impossible to get in OOS especially if you have great stats